West District | ?m | ?s | Truman

Part of the convincing was they needed to make sacrifices to be able to work from home. Of course, not every career presents an opportunity to take a lesser position that allows one to work from home. In your case, the sacrifice is having to live in and around the city. I don't think you're going to get a lot of sympathy around here.
Not looking for sympathy, just don't follow the same desire of living as most here. I do commercial ac/heating installs and servicing so there is a need to be in and near the city, acreages near the city are out of my comfort price range as a single income single individual.

Not looking for sympathy, just don't follow the same desire of living as most here. I do commercial ac/heating installs and servicing so there is a need to be in and near the city, acreages near the city are out of my comfort price range as a single income single individual.
Just curious what brings you to a forum like this one? I'm not trying to say that sarcastically or anything like that, only out of honest curiosity. I'm and also not saying you shouldn't be here, I like to have people with different ideas and viewpoints in the forum.

Just curious what brings you to a forum like this one? I'm not trying to say that sarcastically or anything like that, only out of honest curiosity. I'm and also not saying you shouldn't be here, I like to have people with different ideas and viewpoints in the forum.
I'm a fan of tall towers, but not residential towers generally as I find balconies take away from any appeal of the tower. Find this site better for discussion and when I do join in most aren't condescending pricks and recognize that diversity is our strength! Lol

I’m the opposite, I like high rise residential towers and I like to be in and around the dense areas, but I fully understand others not wanting to be, it’s not for everybody.

On a side note, if I had to to live out in a less dense area Bragg Creek area would be my first choice.

Stumbled across this information brochure on this project. Looks like the Main Street retail that was hoped for is a reality. If that Main Street retail continues all the way from 85St through past the park it could bring a nice urban feel to this suburban development.

Attachments

• Gateway+(762+85th+St+SW)+-+2017+Email.pdf
    8.1 MB · Views: 879
I would love to see a development like that built in an area like Tuxedo, Capitol Hill, Westbrooke, etc...

Stumbled across this information brochure on this project. Looks like the Main Street retail that was hoped for is a reality. If that Main Street retail continues all the way from 85St through past the park it could bring a nice urban feel to this suburban development.

It will. Also supposed to include cycle tracks on both sides of the street. :)

Hi,
If I had to Choose an Areas I would take Bridgeland or Kensington in the Back Areas,

Tnx,
Operater

I don't get up to the west end of the city often. Does anyone know if anything's been happening with this project?

Only the two buildings that I know of. You can see them in the rendering, they’re the only ones that are coloured.

With the Dells at Dalhousie now starting and DeVille well underway, it would be great to see West 17 go ahead, a new small boom for our suburban TOD/intensification.

Back