West District | ?m | ?s | Truman

Hi Group,

Had a Chance to Take a 2nd Look at the Project. Have to Say Its Massive, Yet Huge. Will there B Changes in Designs? Hard to Say. I Like It Really but will B Following it as Is for the Time Being. While its Way Out in the West End of the City, Lets Hope It Turns out OK.

Tnx,
Operater

Last edited:
Fire is pretty rare, but yeah. Pretty normal now if you have one house go, to have the neighbours damaged enough to need to be rebuilt. Nothing unusual.

Need to get rid of vinyl siding and replace with more Hardie Plank siding and other non combustible materials. Also if houses are built within a certain distance all walls on common sides should be built with fire retardant treated building materials. Would see a lot less of these multiple houses going up these days. My personal favorite option though is larger yards with more space between houses.

Hi Group,
Notice One Item! All Those House are Way to Close to Each Other. If there us a FIRE and It seam a Lot of these Houses are Prone to Fires, Cheaply Blt. Fire Starts MAKE Sure You Have LOTS of FIRE INSURANCE, Fire Starts House on Each Side Go Up as Well. Yours Included if Its a Bad Fire. Just Surprised they can Bld so Clos Together. BAD POLICY/PLANNING. If I was Insuring a Lot, I Would Insure as a High Risk Location. NOT Much Green Space Either from the Looks of Things. Just My Views based in My Experiences an Appraiser from Montreal Years Ago.
Tnx,
Operater.

I'm a little puzzled by this reaction. The width of two garbage cans plus room for a heavy set person to get by freely is not close at all in my experience.

I'm a little puzzled by this reaction. The width of two garbage cans plus room for a heavy set person to get by freely is not close at all in my experience.
I could never live in something that close lol. I have troubles with the 10-15' I have between houses where I live now and will be buying something with more room in the spring.

It's the worst of both worlds. It has the density of inner city without the convenience of a walkable neighbourhood. I wouldn't want to live there either.

I just can't grasp 10 to 15 feet not being enough of a buffer for even the worst neighbours. It's just more to maintain as well. If you aren't already, you should be looking as far out of the city as possible at rural lots with 30 acres minimum and not have to see any neighbours whatsoever.

It is not, you're right. Mississauga, Vaughan, et al. have been building houses half or less of that width apart for decades, at least 30 years. Likely more.

It's the worst of both worlds. It has the density of inner city without the convenience of a walkable neighbourhood. I wouldn't want to live there either.

I just can't grasp 10 to 15 feet not being enough of a buffer for even the worst neighbours. It's just more to maintain as well. If you aren't already, you should be looking as far out of the city as possible at rural lots with 30 acres minimum and not have to see any neighbours whatsoever.
You don't know how much that is my dream, out in Bragg Creek, house in the woods with epic mountain views!

You don't know how much that is my dream, out in Bragg Creek, house in the woods with epic mountain views!

I have family that needed convincing that living in any form of urban area was simply not for them. They have never been happier after moving far out of the city onto a hundred acre woodlot.

It is not, you're right. Mississauga, Vaughan, et al. have been building houses half or less of that width apart for decades, at least 30 years. Likely more.

Very little clearance between housing developments built a hundred years ago. That lasted until the post war boom when every house was built with a driveway to the rear and that eventually came to pass a couple decades later with the introduction of snout nosed housing.

I have family that needed convincing that living in any form of urban area was simply not for them. They have never been happier after moving far out of the city onto a hundred acre woodlot.
I can't move too far out with my job as I am often on call in the city. My biggest gripe with my current house is actually backing directly on to another backyard of an ugly house!

Poor thing.

I can't move too far out with my job as I am often on call in the city. My biggest gripe with my current house is actually backing directly on to another backyard of an ugly house!

Part of the convincing was they needed to make sacrifices to be able to work from home. Of course, not every career presents an opportunity to take a lesser position that allows one to work from home. In your case, the sacrifice is having to live in and around the city. I don't think you're going to get a lot of sympathy around here.

Back