Votes: 17 44.7%
  • So So

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was told at the topping off ceremony that Vibe would be next on the list, but no exact date.... just that they were tentatively looking at 2018.....but until things pick up, I'm guessing 2019. Fram + Slokker did say that they aren't necessarily in a hurry. Their 4 building project is a long term one.

They also have the lot kitty corner to the NE of their lot.

View attachment 133518

According to CMLC's latest annual report Fram has sold the eastern portion of the Verve/Vibe site back to the CMLC. Curious if they made any mention of it at the topping off ceremony? Be very interesting to see who ends up with that lot and what their vision ends up being in terms of how it interacts with the riff and the mix of condos (personally I'm hoping for some reasonably priced 2 bedroom + den or 3 bedroom units but I know I'm probably dreaming).

No mention of it at the topping off ceremony. Looks like they have changed the label on their model yet...at least as of last week. I'm actually glad they sold it, and as it gives more opportunity for some diversity.

That would be great and we could get people to raft to work!

I've always been a fan of having a canal of some sort in Calgary. My pipe dream of all time, would be to somehow re-route CP's tracks and build a canal from around Crowchild all the way along down the former train tracks strip to the Elbow River. My second tier pipe dream would a canal or two in the proposed West Village.

I was told at the topping off ceremony that Vibe would be next on the list, but no exact date.... just that they were tentatively looking at 2018.....but until things pick up, I'm guessing 2019. Fram + Slokker did say that they aren't necessarily in a hurry. Their 4 building project is a long term one.

They also have the lot kitty corner to the NE of their lot.

View attachment 133518
Vibe will be next there's only a little bit of a foundation/parkade to do to get it up to grade level. Be early 2019 I'd say...

That's nice to hear. Obviously nothing set in stone, but still nice to hear. I wanna see a couple of these lil EV guys go ahead! Come on Vibe and M2!!

20180208_164231.jpg
20180208_164145.jpg
20180208_134056.jpg

Attachments

• 20180208_164145.jpg
    20180208_164145.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 20180208_134056.jpg
    20180208_134056.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 320
  • 20180208_164231.jpg
    20180208_164231.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 307
Hi All,
The People behind Verve have Sold part of the Land Back to CMLC, Any Reason Why or is It "Cold Feet"
Tnx,
Operater,

Hi All,
The People behind Verve have Sold part of the Land Back to CMLC, Any Reason Why or is It "Cold Feet"
Tnx,
Operater,

Probably the poor economy, high inventory of unsold condos in the dt market, rising interest rates and tougher mortgage standards. The Calgary condo market is in for challenging times.

Vibe will be next there's only a little bit of a foundation/parkade to do to get it up to grade level. Be early 2019 I'd say...

I haven't been by the site in a long time as I don't live in Calgary anymore, but during excavation it didn't look like any foundation was being built for Vibe.

Too bad the office market is so poor as having some office space would have been of benefit to EV.

Probably the poor economy, high inventory of unsold condos in the dt market, rising interest rates and tougher mortgage standards. The Calgary condo market is in for challenging times.
Has that sale back to CMLC been confirmed? I remember reading about it (probably here) but was never 100% sure on it. Vibe was at one point planned to be an office building, but was turned back into condos when the office market tanked.

Yes, things have definitely slowed down, but especially so for EV it seems. The last DP for a tower was back in 2015 (see the description of the corresponding LOC file: https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/LOC2016-0232) on the block that contains the hostel. Given that it was a 2015 application, and they still haven't gotten approvals, it likely means the file is sitting with the applicant, in no hurry to proceed.

Granted things have slowed down everywhere, but the Beltline had 6 major highrise DPs in 2017 (unsure how many in 2016). I wonder if there is something about EV that makes it less appealing to developers? Does CMLC's involvement take away too much control?

The permit for that project was originally two buildings - one condo and one office (https://skyrisecities.com/database/projects/east-village-courtyard), and was told by the developer that they decided to do a redesign after the office market downturn...I have heard anything since, I guess they must have thrown it on the back burner.

Yes, things have definitely slowed down, but especially so for EV it seems. The last DP for a tower was back in 2015 (see the description of the corresponding LOC file: https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/LOC2016-0232) on the block that contains the hostel. Given that it was a 2015 application, and they still haven't gotten approvals, it likely means the file is sitting with the applicant, in no hurry to proceed.

Back