• So So

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi All,
There is a Topic in the Condo Section of the Calgary Herald (Jan 27th) of the "Top Of Party" of Sorts for the Verb in the East Village. Story says they hope to have it completed by Years End.

Tnx,
Operater.

Wait wait wait waiiit. Vibe is potentially starting this year?! *swoons*

I think the article I was responding to meant launching sales, not construction. Either way, the link you're posting is an "expectation" not a certainty. A sales launch in 2018 would mean a probable 2019 construction start, with completion in 2020, considering most of the foundation of Vibe is already complete.

I was told at the topping off ceremony that Vibe would be next on the list, but no exact date.... just that they were tentatively looking at 2018.....but until things pick up, I'm guessing 2019. Fram + Slokker did say that they aren't necessarily in a hurry. Their 4 building project is a long term one.

They also have the lot kitty corner to the NE of their lot.

2018 Jan 28 021.JPG

Attachments

• 2018 Jan 28 021.JPG
    2018 Jan 28 021.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 590
Comparing to that 3D pic, which is like any typically area with highrises, I remember discovering that the East village redevelopment at one point had an idea to add Venetian Canals with stores along the sides. How awesome would have that been. I feel like they could have dedicated at least one of the streets in east village to a water canal concept. It would have really added something unique to Calgary. Possibly acting as a tourist attraction. Hopefully we get something like that in Victoria Park if not West village one day. http://abugovkaspar.com/projects/urban-design/east-village.html

I've always been a fan of having a canal of some sort in Calgary. My pipe dream of all time, would be to somehow re-route CP's tracks and build a canal from around Crowchild all the way along down the former train tracks strip to the Elbow River. My second tier pipe dream would a canal or two in the proposed West Village.

Back