University District | ?m | ?s | University of Calgary Properties Group

1696598962390.png

From the Wikipedia page on protected intersections. However I'd like to see the parked cars set back further from the intersection, with a low planter or something in that space. The idea is that the cyclists are fully protected, and when turning, the cars do not have to rely on mirrors but can just look to the right.

I checked the city's DMAP and it shows a permit for two medical buildings on that address, but the actual location of the buildings is different on the city's sign and appears to be for the non-highlighted space (shown in green). Given the layout of the design for the buildings it should be for the location circled in green. I'm hoping there will be more residential to the east along Perraton Ave.

1696704690586.png

1696704515152.png

Here are a few more random pics of University District, specifically University Avenue. I have to say that every time I visit University Avenue I’m more impressed each time. The trees and landscaping is filling in really well, and Avenue canyon looks better each time, not to mention it seems busier each time I visit. The avenue actually felt busier than many of the downtown streets do!

View attachment 506952View attachment 506953View attachment 506954View attachment 506955View attachment 506956View attachment 506957View attachment 506958View attachment 506959
Those pictures are great Surrealplaces. This is the way East Village should be, and could be if you didn’t have to step over homeless people while walking the neighborhood.
I feel for the homeless population, but at the same time it’s so frustrating.

I noticed a couple new tidbits about future projects in this article. One is 330 units planned for south of Aria (the building with the Save-On). Another is that two residential projects are expected to launch next year; one from Jayman (I'm assuming this one) and another from Crystal Creek, who would be a new builder in the area. They typically don't build multi-family, so I'd guess that they'll be doing townhomes on the small lot north of Capella.

I noticed a couple new tidbits about future projects in this article. One is 330 units planned for south of Aria (the building with the Save-On). Another is that two residential projects are expected to launch next year; one from Jayman (I'm assuming this one) and another from Crystal Creek, who would be a new builder in the area. They typically don't build multi-family, so I'd guess that they'll be doing townhomes on the small lot north of Capella.
Thanks for the update NWurbanism and welcome to the forum.
I’ve been wondering if they are going to build something south of Aria.

Perhaps a bit of info on this one, not a lot of details (including a confirmed location), but I think this is an accurate rendering:
1702935512032.png

Back