News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 873     0 

Calgary Transit Fantasy Maps

darwink

Member Bio
Reaction score
^ It was a joke. There is literally no reason to do a commuter rail fantasy map besides station locations

Oddball

Member Bio
Reaction score
^ It was a joke. There is literally no reason to do a commuter rail fantasy map besides station locations
I recognized the map and assumed that was the case. The point being that "Anywhere with an existing rail connection is a valid commuter rail destination."

hollahollaholla

Member Bio
Reaction score
Ah my bad I'm new here and don't often get the subtleties of sarcasm through words. Regardless knowing where tracks are is good but routing and lines can always be changed. It's nice to see where different people have different visions.

Last edited:

WildcatOil

Member Bio
Reaction score
20181024_114534.jpg

I know I'm rather late to the thread here, but I started doing this in Edmonton a few years ago and went for it again when I moved to Calgary this summer.

Red Line is as is, Green Line is as planned, Blue Line is as is with an extension to Cross Iron Mills.

Pink Line goes from East Hills to Olympic Park going down International Ave, through Downtown and passed Foothills & Alberta Children's Hospital.

Purple Line fills in the remaining corners of the city going from South of the Glenmore Reservoir to Heritage Park, Rocky View, Mount Royal and Downtown and then can be extended to the South East.

Gold Line is what links my former city to my current city. A high speed real line through the CalEd Corridor from Edmonton, to the Edmonton Airport, to Red Deer, to the Calgary Airport, to Downtown Calgary and then eventually out to Banff. Once in place additional lines can be added to the route stopping off a smaller centres along the way. This connects the corridor and gives tourist an easy way to fly into Calgary and get to Banff.

The High-speed rail line would also eliminate a need for a spur off of the Blue or Green Lines to the Airport as it would be a one stop link from Airport to the main station downtown.

I don't have any circle routes but I envision MAX routes connecting the outer reaches of each limb of the CTrain.

As all lines converge downtown I envision a large European style station South of the Calgary Tower. Where transfers can be made between all lines and the High Speed rail. Platforms to stories underground with retail space above them and connections to the Core Shopping Area and 7th Ave.

Attachments

Last edited:

AccUnit

Member Bio
Reaction score
I like the pink line because both the international Ave and west 16 Ave corridors could increase density in big way with addition of train service.