23948-92995.jpg
    949 KB · Views: 1,269
  • 23948-92996.jpg
    23948-92996.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 1,214
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my most recent update on this one, from October 27

30655366681_0a9ae1d62f_b.jpg

I have heard through the grapevine that the halted Windsor project on 50th ave and Elbow Drive is getting changed to residential instead of office (no surprise). Will be around 100 units.

I have heard through the grapevine that the halted Windsor project on 50th ave and Elbow Drive is getting changed to residential instead of office (no surprise). Will be around 100 units.

It will be mixed use. Retail & consumer services. 104 unit MF building + 6 townhouses. DP2017-1144

It will be mixed use. Retail & consumer services. 104 unit MF building + 6 townhouses. DP2017-1144

That is excellent news! I'd much rather get the population density up in that area than get the office density up.

I'm glad they are pursuing the change to residential. Maybe it'll be the project back on track. Is this going to be rental or condo?

Looks good, but I think I preferred the office version more. While anything will be better than the half built project now, I am a bit disappointed it is moving from office to residential. There are already a lot of people living in that area, some office would have brought more people to the hub during mon-fri, 8-5 times.

Looks good, but I think I preferred the office version more. While anything will be better than the half built project now, I am a bit disappointed it is moving from office to residential. There are already a lot of people living in that area, some office would have brought more people to the hub during mon-fri, 8-5 times.

Good point. I kinda prefer the aesthetics of the new design though. I bet that roof-top patio is going to be pretty sweet too.

I prefer the residential. The area lacks contemporary apartment and condo style development and 100 units is not a small amount, especially considering the wealthy large lot developments of Britannia to the north and west that leech vibrancy away with a very low amount of density and population. This type of development will fill a housing option deficit in the area. Paired with the office across the street, this block does a good job anchoring the intersection. Hopefully it proceeds.

Reactions: MJC
I prefer the residential. The area lacks contemporary apartment and condo style development and 100 units is not a small amount, especially considering the wealthy large lot developments of Britannia to the north and west that leech vibrancy away with a very low amount of density and population. This type of development will fill a housing option deficit in the area. Paired with the office across the street, this block does a good job anchoring the intersection. Hopefully it proceeds.

Couldn't agree more! :)

Back