Votes: 28 68.3%
  • So so

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
I think you might be thinking of the wrong project. This one is on Elbow and 50th. The project on 17th is called The Fifth (but it also has very weak presales). Totally agree with you on the stress tests and we are starting to hear rumblings that it may be removed or reduced soon. Here is hoping!
Thats the one im talking about, The one @Urb is talking about. IDK why it was posted here either but Im guessing the common developer ASI is busting everywhere.

I'm starting to think that building paper might just be the final exterior cladding for this building... ;)

The retail street portion looks good so far. Better than I expected. The upper level is starting to look better, and will probably be better than the render.

Planet Organic instead of Blush Lane.Makes more sense, as Blush Lane is similar to the Sunterra across the street, whereas Planet Organic, as somewhat different.

Dawson Wallace has just informed all of their sub-contractors that they have withdrawn from this project as general contractor. They have cited payments in arrears, constant changes to the construction plans among the reasons for this decision. They have invited sub-contractors to put liens on the project.

I don't know what this will do for Arlington Streets' reputation. As far as I know, this was their first residential build. What general contractor will want to work for them now??

That;s not good, especially this far along, with a fairly large retail tenant already signed.
Dawson Wallace has just informed all of their sub-contractors that they have withdrawn from this project as general contractor. They have cited payments in arrears, constant changes to the construction plans among the reasons for this decision. They have invited sub-contractors to put liens on the project.

I don't know what this will do for Arlington Streets' reputation. As far as I know, this was their first residential build. What general contractor will want to work for them now??

Well, they are very highly leveraged on land that isn't productive without significant redevelopment. They probably have really poor cash flow right now, and you are much better suited to be following through on projects and banking cash in down times like this. Same strategy for lower mainland guys now, free up cash and complete projects as the market corrects.

Back