Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
May 19

twittermay19.jpg

Attachments

• twittermay19.jpg
    twittermay19.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 527
Has there even been a plan to close 16th Ave SW between 8th St and 9th St? I don't think there is much flow-through traffic down that street and it seems like a real missed opportunity to create a small pedestrian corridor that could be lined with patios. I guess it would be a loss of street parking that people would complain about though.

Has there even been a plan to close 16th Ave SW between 8th St and 9th St? I don't think there is much flow-through traffic down that street and it seems like a real missed opportunity to create a small pedestrian corridor that could be lined with patios. I guess it would be a loss of street parking that people would complain about though.
That's a good point. It's always been kind of an awkward street with many of the businesses rear facing onto the street. It would be a great place to have a Saturday street market.

They put the parkade entrance on 16 Avenue, rather than from the lane. A bit of a lost opportunity.

It is funny that this never even occurred to me, but you are completely right. If ever there has been a perfect opportunity for an interesting pedestrian-only node in the Beltline, that is the one. It could even connect to MRV West and The Devonish via a pedestrian prioritized crossing with an interesting paving stone pattern. I have been wanting to hear about something to do with a revitalization of that plaza basically since I joined this forum. Here is hoping that something is going on behind the scenes and that pedestrianization of this area is at the forefront of the planning process. There simply doesn't need to be that much car access there when there is parking on 17th and in MRV anyways.

I fine with it not being completely pedestrianized. The angled parking needs to go. I'm not hopeful. It remained on other blocks.

I don't know if it was here or on SSP, but I distinctly remember reading that Canadian Tire will no longer be opening up in this building, and rather it was going to be replaced by other Canadian Tire portfolio brands such as Mark's Work Warehouse et al. I was super disappointed.

But according to this article, Canadian Tire is a go:
http://calgaryherald.com/business/c...al-west?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I don't know if it was here or on SSP, but I distinctly remember reading that Canadian Tire will no longer be opening up in this building, and rather it was going to be replaced by other Canadian Tire portfolio brands such as Mark's Work Warehouse et al. I was super disappointed.

But according to this article, Canadian Tire is a go:
http://calgaryherald.com/business/c...al-west?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I addressed the rumour a few pages back. Canadian Tire is a go. I am the planner for the store. Interior construction has already started and retail fixtures will start arriving on site in August.

They put the parkade entrance on 16 Avenue, rather than from the lane. A bit of a lost opportunity.

There's literally no space for it in the lane. It would require switching loading/receiving for Urban Fare and CT to 16th, which would be even worse. The entire laneway elevation is servicing and loading, and its already so condensed that it will be a challenge for trucks to navigate as-built.

Back