The Hub | ?m | 28s | Campus Suites | ARK Inc.

General Rating for this project

• Great

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Very Good

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Good

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Terrible

Votes: 12 19.0%

• Total voters
I'm sure if you're a student going to SAIT or UofC, the building will be fine. The location is good and it's near some decent amenities, including the amenities that are supposed to be in the building. The outside of the building isn't everyone's favorite, but it's fine for the average person who doesn't care much about architecture.

ggwbs00ibfm51.jpg

www.reddit.com/user/soupjuice/

It's an Ontario company.

I’m just going to say it. I like this building.
The more I see it the more I like it, and part of me thinks a lot of the criticism is group think.
I can see why people wouldn't like it, but me personally I don't mind it. It's something different, but I wouldn't want to see too many of this style.

My only issues are the podium, streetscape and general urban form of the area - not much to complain about that the tower has complete control over given the site context.

I would have loved the density to be built at a more human-scale (4 - 8 stories) urban format - but that's more of a theoretical preference rather than a practical request given all the rules, policies, design cultures, and constraints that get us a 28-storey, car-oriented tower vs. a block of European-style urbanism in Banff Trail.

My only issues are the podium, streetscape and general urban form of the area - not much to complain about that the tower has complete control over given the site context.

I would have loved the density to be built at a more human-scale (4 - 8 stories) urban format - but that's more of a theoretical preference rather than a practical request given all the rules, policies, design cultures, and constraints that get us a 28-storey, car-oriented tower vs. a block of European-style urbanism in Banff Trail.

Driving past it on 16th I didn't mind the podium but I see where you're coming from

I still think it's hideous, but what can ya do? 🤣

Back