The Hat Elbow River | 177.99m | 56s | Cidex Group | NORR

Cidex could end up taking a break from building. Investors of all shapes and sizes are squeamish after having a not so great year.

Good! I would imagine that they have already spent 6 figures at least in architect and consultant fees to get the project to this point so it would seem like a massive waste to let it lapse. All kinds of costs are incurred at release stage so I wonder if they are still planning to build, when timing is right (ie Hat on 14th finished, Exacto 3 well underway, maybe lower interest rates).

I know it's a lousy podium but still much better than a parking lot, the towers look alright IMO, it'll help revitalize that stretch of the riverfront and a huge boost in the number of residents for the area.

Good! I would imagine that they have already spent 6 figures at least in architect and consultant fees to get the project to this point so it would seem like a massive waste to let it lapse. All kinds of costs are incurred at release stage so I wonder if they are still planning to build, when timing is right (ie Hat on 14th finished, Exacto 3 well underway, maybe lower interest rates).

I know it's a lousy podium but still much better than a parking lot, the towers look alright IMO, it'll help revitalize that stretch of the riverfront and a huge boost in the number of residents for the area.
If the podium is the same material as the BMO Convention Center is using, it would be pretty good after seeing it. But it definitely won’t be incorporating that. It would make too much sense.

At least the saving grace for these is the podium is easier to fix in the future, at least compared to a tower.

So what’s the status? I’m sick and tired that so many condo towers get built but the tallest ones from 50 to 70 stories always get cancelled or pause come on we need more homes for the immigrants and plus it would be nice to kick Edmonton‘s butt in the height department

We already do kick Edmontons ass in the height department. We have 20 towers above 150 meters, they have 2. We have 5 buildings over 200 meters, they have 1. We’re doing fine haha.

And if there hasn’t been an update here, then there is no update on this project.

The only thing new of note is that there is now a completion date of March 2030 on Norr's website.

joawfjofjowajofjoafjo.PNG

We already do kick Edmontons ass in the height department. We have 20 towers above 150 meters, they have 2. We have 5 buildings over 200 meters, they have 1. We’re doing fine haha.

Stantec Tower is 3.8 metres taller than Brookfield Place, see above.

Also none of these tower would be taller than Stantec.

Last edited:
Like a mosquito bite you just can't reach, the height of Stantec is a bit of an annoying nuisance...but I'm sure that itch will get scratched at some point. The design itself though is pretty underwhelming, so it's not something I'm particularly jealous of. The only Edmonton buildings that I would love to have in Calgary are the Legislature, the RAM (but mostly because it's a neat museum) and the waterpark (just because it would be nice to have one here, definitely not because of the architecture).

Last edited:

Back