SWITCH|bloc | ?m | 4s | PLOT. | MoDA

Surrealplaces

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
A new proposal for Lower Mount Royal. A smaller 4 storey, 19 unit proposal, but some interesting aspects that go with it.
http://www.moda-architecture.ca/switchbloc/

Image15.jpg
Image12.jpg
Image10.jpg

Image14.jpg
Image13.jpg
Image11.jpg

Attachments

• Image15.jpg
    Image15.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 1,066
  • Image12.jpg
    Image12.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 1,133
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 1,135
  • Image14.jpg
    Image14.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Image13.jpg
    Image13.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,040
  • Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,022
Oooh, I really like the look of this one. That's a really cool concept they have for the interior. The exterior isn't really blowing my mind, but I dare say MoDA is nailing it again regardless. Great location too. That empty lot has been around for a long time. At least since I was in high school.

If they change the exterior cladding material I think it'd be even more on board. That shingle makes it look dated before it has even been built. Not a deal breaker though.

I love the general shape and design....not sure about the shingles or shakes. Reminds of something built in the 70's. Replace those shingles with zinc or some kind metal, and wow. Love the layout of this, and how they utilise the space.

The one thing I don't understand is how to access the upper two floors?

I love the general shape and design....not sure about the shingles or shakes. Reminds of something built in the 70's. Replace those shingles with zinc or some kind metal, and wow. Love the layout of this, and how they utilise the space.

The one thing I don't understand is how to access the upper two floors?
One small corridor on the third floor Moda's site says.

Amazing :)

Interesting! So, if your unit is on the ground on the front, it's on the 2nd floor at the back; and if you're on the ground on the back, you are the 2nd floor at the front. Hmm. Same for 3rd and 4th floors. Meanwhile, the outside is a 70's clad moth-on-tree-bark cladding reimagined with modern influence. Very cool!

Interesting! So, if your unit is on the ground on the front, it's on the 2nd floor at the back; and if you're on the ground on the back, you are the 2nd floor at the front. Hmm. Same for 3rd and 4th floors. Meanwhile, the outside is a 70's clad moth-on-tree-bark cladding reimagined with modern influence. Very cool!
That's what I was wondering, but it doesn't show any doors on the back side. I see there is a corridor on both first floor and third floor, and on the renderings two doorways on the front. I take it one door leads to the corridor on the upper floors and on to a corridor on the lower floors?

Okay, I see maybe there is 4 entrances on the front. Maybe the middle entrance is for the upper floors? With 19 units, that would make roughly 9 or 10 per floor.... Hmmm. I need more coffee to think this one through :confused:

I like this. Weird because it reminds me of so many 70's style townhouses with shingles on the façade, but it also has a modern feel to it. Love the interior layouts.

All the MoDA projects now! Moooar!! :D

Back