1661546399230.png

1661546429719.png

1661546449139.png

1661546479056.png

1661546518398.png

1661546536616.png

1661546554546.png

1661546572464.png

Why are they advertising this to foreign investors? Isn't this why any real estate costs an insane amount of money? I thought they wanted to slow down the skyrocketing prices around the country lol
for Chinese live in Canada permanently they use WeChat as well, they probably targeting some Canadian Chinese customers not foreign investors.

Why are they advertising this to foreign investors? Isn't this why any real estate costs an insane amount of money? I thought they wanted to slow down the skyrocketing prices around the country lol
Real estate agents are mainly targeting Chinese investors living in Canada, maybe out of province investors.

Our governments have screwed their own citizens with their sick obsession of foreigners. Canadians need to come first. It's that simple. Our housing market is built on the law of Supply and Demand - like pretty much everything else in our economy. Yet, politicians are only focusing on the slow, less effective, and costly end of the spectrum - supply. When quite literally all they have to do is cut demand. Results would be felt near instantaneously.

Our governments have screwed their own citizens with their sick obsession of foreigners. Canadians need to come first. It's that simple. Our housing market is built on the law of Supply and Demand - like pretty much everything else in our economy. Yet, politicians are only focusing on the slow, less effective, and costly end of the spectrum - supply. When quite literally all they have to do is cut demand. Results would be felt near instantaneously.
You had a very similar comment last year so I'm just going to link my prior response.
Cheers

Post in thread 'Statscan numbers' https://calgary.skyrisecities.com/forum/threads/statscan-numbers.28661/post-1894554

I visited the sales center a few weeks ago. They've sold 40% of the building (mostly one bedroom suites). It seems like many of the suites that have been sold have been sold to Toronto investors. They are targeting a completion date of 2027.

This project is selling at $800-$900 psf. I think Mark on 10th, Park Point and The Royal are selling at $600-$650 psf and have much nicer finishings and amenities.

Beyond being a vehicle for leveraged price speculation, these don't seem compelling at all. They're offering a very average quality product at a very high price, with no certainty on completion date.

I came away thinking that real estate "investors" in Toronto were very stupid at best.

I visited the sales center a few weeks ago. They've sold 40% of the building (mostly one bedroom suites). It seems like many of the suites that have been sold have been sold to Toronto investors. They are targeting a completion date of 2027.

This project is selling at $800-$900 psf. I think Mark on 10th, Park Point and The Royal are selling at $600-$650 psf and have much nicer finishings and amenities.

Beyond being a vehicle for leveraged price speculation, these don't seem compelling at all. They're offering a very average quality product at a very high price, with no certainty on completion date.

I came away thinking that real estate "investors" in Toronto were very stupid at best.
Toronto investors don’t care. Compared to Toronto prices these are a bargain, and the rental market is solid in Calgary. Is it the best investment maybe not, but not the worst.

Back