News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary Restaurant Thread

Had dinner at Sky360 (Calgary Tower) friday, some of the food items were extremely well done, and others were kinda mediocre. The restaurant itself is pretty cool, but I can get way better food for way less money elsewhere. Sadly the smoke came back friday, the view wasn't as good as it could have been.

On a positive note, Tokyo Street Market on Centre street has $5 ramen, very good, and great value! highly recommend this place, not sure how long they will keep the prices that low, must be a promotion thing because they are so new.

Had dinner at Sky360 (Calgary Tower) friday, some of the food items were extremely well done, and others were kinda mediocre. The restaurant itself is pretty cool, but I can get way better food for way less money elsewhere. Sadly the smoke came back friday, the view wasn't as good as it could have been.

On a positive note, Tokyo Street Market on Centre street has $5 ramen, very good, and great value! highly recommend this place, not sure how long they will keep the prices that low, must be a promotion thing because they are so new.
Ahh, that's why I've seen people lined up at the place. I've noticed it's been busy for such a new place.

A return to patio weather? :)

fullsizeoutput_1ac6.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1ac6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1ac6.jpeg
    43.3 KB · Views: 651
Any coffee nerds in here? Just bought an espresso machine, curious where everyone gets their beans from. Grabbed a jar of Two Wheel espresso from Rosso, will give that a shot, not thrilled to pay $20 for 300g of coffee beans though...

Any coffee nerds in here? Just bought an espresso machine, curious where everyone gets their beans from. Grabbed a jar of Two Wheel espresso from Rosso, will give that a shot, not thrilled to pay $20 for 300g of coffee beans though...
My favorite beans are from Artigiano, but like the Rosso ones they aren't cheap. Phil & Sebastien is probably my favorite coffee house, but I've never tried the beans from there.

I was going to post this a while back and forgot. It's not Calgary city related, but a great option for Calgarians looking to go for a day drive and have a nice dinner somewhere. I highly recommend trying the Silver Slate Steakhouse near Nanton. Steak was was awesome and the prices were reasonable. It's in a weird place kind of in the middle of nowhere, but worth a try.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Na...8e35b944c3fb2!8m2!3d50.3463355!4d-113.7746723

My favorite beans are from Artigiano, but like the Rosso ones they aren't cheap. Phil & Sebastien is probably my favorite coffee house, but I've never tried the beans from there.
I'm actually quite fond of the Rosso beans, they are really tasty (not a fan of their coffee for drip machines though, too acidic), will have to try Artigiano and P&S as well, see if there's another that I like as much, but will last longer than a week! My office uses beans from Cappuccino King, and I'm not a huge fan, the machine here is far superior to mine at home, but I like the taste of my home coffee much more.

I was going to post this a while back and forgot. It's not Calgary city related, but a great option for Calgarians looking to go for a day drive and have a nice dinner somewhere. I highly recommend trying the Silver Slate Steakhouse near Nanton. Steak was was awesome and the prices were reasonable. It's in a weird place kind of in the middle of nowhere, but worth a try.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Na...8e35b944c3fb2!8m2!3d50.3463355!4d-113.7746723
How does it compare to the Steakhouse in Longview? that's my benchmark for country steakhouses.

I'm actually quite fond of the Rosso beans, they are really tasty (not a fan of their coffee for drip machines though, too acidic), will have to try Artigiano and P&S as well, see if there's another that I like as much, but will last longer than a week! My office uses beans from Cappuccino King, and I'm not a huge fan, the machine here is far superior to mine at home, but I like the taste of my home coffee much more.

How does it compare to the Steakhouse in Longview? that's my benchmark for country steakhouses.
I still prefer the one in Longview, and you're right, it's the best steak house country or city IMO. The Silver Slate is very good, and you don't generally need a reservation, which is nice.

Back