News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Restaurant Thread

Being that I am from Edmonton there are a only a couple of things i am jealous about Calgary for. 1 being Peter's drive in and 2 being the Telus Sky. You'll have quite the iconic building on your hands once that's completed. Sure Edmonton will have Stantec which will be tallest outside of Toronto but that Telus Sky...
Why does everone from Edmonton like Peters so much? There are way better burger places in Calgary.

It really seems like the "Calgary institution" factor really overhypes it for what it's worth, even for people here.

They used to make a pretty decent Milkshake, but they got bought out in the 00's and was never the same after that.

Always has been about the milkshakes.
That, and the burgers used to be better back in the day.

They used to make a pretty decent Milkshake, but they got bought out in the 00's and was never the same after that.
Agreed.

It really seems like the "Calgary institution" factor really overhypes it for what it's worth, even for people here.
It used to be better, and the hype more or less carried on. I know back in the 70's 80's etc, it wasn't just local hype. Whenever people would visit and go to Peters' they always wanted to go back. I had relatives come on a visit from Toronto in the early 80's, and I took them there. When they came back 10 years later, that was the first place they wanted to go eat. I've had lots of experiences with out of towner's that really liked Peters...but not in recent years.

Last edited:
I find there is a segment of population that really likes Peters, no matter what city they are from. My cousin and her kids from Vancouver want to go there every time they're in Calgary. I don't of another places that has the same flavor, so if you like that taste, Peters is the place.

Hi,
When I 1st came out here Perter's was a well known place and that was 40 Yrs ago. How long have they been in Business?

Tnx,
Operater.

Back