Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The lights weren't on last night. They must be testing it out?
So... it glows?

54517108_10205827957175312_8190712880711073792_o.jpg

I live right across from the Marriott and I've only seen this once. It took me a while to figure out why my window was so bright in the middle of the night.

The moon was really low that night and I think the light just reflected off of the orange spots.

Oh okay, hopefully that's the case.

Hotel fully open. Not sure if it was mentioned or not.

00-1152_0000b.jpg
0-2019 03 23 035b.jpg
aa2019 03 23 037.jpg

Sidewalk treatment to underpass could be better, but to be honest, with that big utilities junction in the way, it turned out okay. 100 times better than it was for sure. I think when the hotel business gets going, the res tower is filled and the retail; space at grade is filled, this will have a good impact on that area.
0-2019 03 23 015.jpg
0-2019 03 23 016a.jpg

Last edited:
I'm curious to see what will fill its retail first, this or 6th and Tenth. 6th and Tenth has been sitting there for over a year waiting for a tenant.

AFAIK the residential tower is going to be filled up really quick. I know that almost everything on my floor is leased and I think that most others are getting close to filling up.

Having the extra traffic on that corner will make the difference, with or without the retail. The retail will be a bonus, but the foot traffic from the two towers, will make that corner better.
Already, as it is it is so much better than it was before they developed it. I don’t know if anyone remembers how grungy that corner was.
Nice pics Surreal

Yeah, I'm curious as well, that stretch of 10th isn't super busy, and with a gangster night club and a bottle depot right there, I'm not sure that will change in the immediate future.

The liquor store next to that club closed a couple weeks ago, I wouldn't be too surprised if that lot got redeveloped into something else soon.

The SE retail bay is already under construction for a tenant (you can see the FRANK symbol on the window in the pictures above). I believe it's to be a wine bar of sorts.

Kinda also expected a Starbucks to go in - thought they were typically associated with the Marriott brand.

As much as I’m not really that big of a Starbucks’ fan, I would welcome one in that location. Especially if they could have it right on the very corner, not sure if that space is available for retail or not, but it would be perfect there.

I wouldn't give them a passing grade for doing the absolute minimum on the underpass side.

I wouldn't give them a passing grade for doing the absolute minimum on the underpass side.
I wouldn't call it the bare minimum, the straight up retaining wall that was there before was the bare minimum.

What else would they do given the utilities vault and space between the building and the sidewalk? Some people have mentioned putting a patio attached to the main level retail space. Sounds good, but there would be downsides to that as the patio would need to come out a ways to make it useful, and then you'd have a small retaining wall with a balcony fence on top of it at the edge of a now, narrower walkway. I think it would be worse for the streetscape than what's there now. What ideas do you have in mind that wold have been better?

Back