Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yep, similar to SoMa in SF, SODO in Denver or of course SoHo in NY. I'm sure there are dozens out there.

Back on SSP we once were trying to name the area in Renfrew at the top of Edmonton Trail. I recall 'Renabobri' (Renfrew above Bridgeland) or NoB (North of Bridgeland)

Yep, similar to SoMa in SF, SODO in Denver or of course SoHo in NY. I'm sure there are dozens out there.

Back on SSP we once were trying to name the area in Renfrew at the top of Edmonton Trail. I recall 'Renabobri' (Renfrew above Bridgeland) or NoB (North of Bridgeland)

I'm the kind of knob that would consider buying a place in NoB

1546971710925.jpeg

1546971749565.jpeg

1546971820304.jpeg

My guess is that SODO is the catchy term for 'south of downtown'. I have seen that acronym used that way in other North American cities.

Yeah man, that's the joke.

557F519F-F642-4E9D-8711-4EFE1EB9E398.jpeg
B33C663E-8350-4E5B-975C-00CD7207EFF1.jpeg

That’s the amenities level for the rental tower. It looks like there’ll be a pretty big gym on the south side of that floor. The equipments already in there and I think that I’ve seen cleaners going through the units.

It’s tougher to see the Marriott tower but the few units I’ve gotten a glimpse of look fully furnished.

It looks like they've started updating their website.

https://rentsodo.com/floorplans.aspx
https://rentsodo.com/amenities.aspx

I guess I was right about the fake grass being a dog run. I'm really surprised at how big the apartments are, the smallest unit will be 507 sq ft. Their incentives to start will be 1 month free + $1000 off of rent and a $500 security deposit.

Walked by/through today - public realm is framed nicely and look forward to seeing the retail space start to be activated. I have some concerns when the loading zone/valet parking that comes in off of 10th Avenue, as this could very quickly detract from its functional space for pedestrians but it may have the right design elements to break up the feel as a space for vehicles.

Back