Votes: 20 44.4%
  • So So

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sorry what I meant was the barricades hat were on 10th ave closing down lanes. Seems like that is gone in your pics.

img_3279.jpg

Early morning shot of the Beltline. Marriott towers with 6th & 10th to its right.

Does anyone know why there are no boulevard trees planted on 10th Ave as part of this project? I walked by it last night, and now that the fencing is down, you get a great look at the sidewalk in front. Granted, it is light years better than what most of 10th Ave is, I was just surprised to see no tree grates or spaces for future plantings? Is there a utility line that prevents this?

I still like 6th and 10th more than these towers, the glass just looks so cheap and shitty to me. The podium level is turning out better than I expected, hopefully a decent restaurant goes in there soon!

They finally opened up the sidewalk today and it looks like the Marriott will be opening in March, they have a page for it up on their site now.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/yycbl-residence-inn-calgary-downtown-beltline-district/

I can see beds and furniture in the Marriott side if they leave some lights on at night. I'm pretty sure that the residential units have been done for a while now, I haven't seen any work going on inside of them except for what looked like inspections back in Sept/Oct. I'm really interested to see what floorplans and pricing are going to be. It should be cheap considering that existing buildings are doing 1+ months free and this, Underwood and HAT are all going to open right around the same time.

I was wondering about the residential tower as it looked like some units had move-ins when I saw it the other night. Looking forward to checking the hotel out when it opens.

BTW, welcome to SRC!

Thanks! I thought I heard it was going to be managed by QuadReal so I've been checking their website every couple days.
Still being managed by Quadreal, but surprised they haven't put something on their site. Someone from Quadreal told me they were going to have a name figured out by the end of January, looks like they have it figured out already.

Really? SODO man that is hilarious! All I can think of is SODO SOPA from South Park:D

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. Poor Kenny's house.

Back