News   Apr 03, 2020
 5.5K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 4.3K     0 

Calgary Regional Rail Transit

Didn't want to put this in the green line thread... They've got new ideas over at Waterous and they're... Interesting?

"If CPKC gets on board, the province can build CADE from the airport to downtown within the CPKC rail corridor and then elevate the track for 5.5 km between the Bow River and 11th Street S.W. CADE’s 2.4-km downtown section could include three new stations along 9th Avenue: Downtown East (at 4th Street S.E. — Grand Central Station), Midtown (at 3rd Street S.W.) and Downtown West (at 11th Street S.W)."

No way it happens. I like the Waterous' though, they're like us but have money.

The friendsofcabr site won't even load. I guess the dozens of us clicking it have overloaded it. I really wish I could see it because this makes very little sense.

They want the province to build this elevated part and all of the +15s??

The CADE Plus-15 solution addresses all previously identified issues. The Green Line is integrated at ground level at the Downtown East Station, just south of the CPKC rail corridor. Green Line passengers then walk to the Blue Line and Red Line via a new Plus-15 along 9th Avenue, and then north on 3rd Street S.E. behind City Hall to 7th Avenue. This roughly 500-metre walk is similar to the distance riders in Toronto walk between the Union Pearson Express from Union Station to the Union Station subway line.

The Green Line 4th St station to City Hall station is like 630 meters as the crow flies...at the most optimistic this would be like 800 meters + ascending and descending multiple levels. Is she proposing a +15 over 3rd Street SE, too? What problem does this solve that the 4th St underpass doesn't?

It seems they are worried that elevated GL destroys their own pipe dream. They can't negotiate use of one of CPKC's 4 tracks through DT?

This couldn’t be easier.
“Free to the province” is as low as we can go.

The delusion and entitlement is hilarious.

Back