• 3 So So

Votes: 19 42.2%
  • 4 Not Good

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • 5 Terrible

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters
Live video of my reaction when the tarps came down:

How hard would it have been to make this nicer, look at South Bank. Even the amount of street-facing walls that the red part makes up would make a negligible difference in cost per unit if it was brick and would be wayyyyy nicer. Just went from somewhat considering buying a place here to 100% not buying a place here.

? ???

So glad that after Arriva was built Torode went belly up and abandoned all his Victoria Park projects...these things are shit.

So glad that after Arriva was built Torode went belly up and abandoned all his Victoria Park projects...these things are shit.

My knowledge of back then may be lacking, but wasn't Arriva and other Torode projects of that time of a much higher quality/scale versus what he is putting out now?

My knowledge of back then may be lacking, but wasn't Arriva and other Torode projects of that time of a much higher quality/scale versus what he is putting out now?
They were better than the two piles of dog shit he left in Inglewood. Look at how hideous that beige frieze is. EIFS will never look like brick and sandstone so why try? It looks like something LeCaille would put out but with cheaper materials. It's just trash

Last edited:
I honestly don't see what the big commotion is about, it's not really that bad IMO. It would be better with brick, but overall I don't have any issues with it.

Now that I've said that it's best I put on my flak jacket.
tenor.gif

Constructive criticism time.

I'm not sure why developers don't just use Hardie Shake in lieu of brick. It is a traditional style that worked in San Francisco and Boston, i don't see how it wouldn't look far better than stucco in this scenario, as Hardie Shake has texture, like brick does.
For instance, i would've been happier if the stucco portions were just wood colour hardie shake with white casings/trim around the windows. Would look and feel a lot less contrived.
Like this:
Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.34.09 PM.png

I just feel something more similar to this, rather than stucco would look far better, and might even be cheaper using this material where the red stucco is:
1587782665021.png

Couple that with more traditional window shapes and a larger more interesting cornice, and i think this would've been a nice development and wouldn't cost any more.

Last edited:

Back