News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary International Airport

Air Canada is resuming service too LAX, PDX, IAH, and EWR, however they seem to have been bumped from mainline to express. United is also resuming service to IAH.

AC YYC-LAX begins March 1, CRJ-900
AC YYC-PDX begins March 1 (?), CRJ-900
AC YYC-IAH begins May 1, CRJ-900
UA YYC-IAH begins FEB 11, unsure of aircraft type, possibly an Embraer or A319
AC YYC-EWR begins (?), either CRJ-900 or E175

Landed back in the city today, noticed that the renovations to Concourse C have been finished, the whole terminal looks a lot nicer and feels a lot more spacious. reminded me of a lot of the newer terminals at airports in The States. Theres only a couple retail units yet to be leased.

View attachment 368279
View attachment 368280
Yes the renovation to this end of the concourse is nice, but Gates 57 and 59 are squished into the corner and have virtually no seating! It’s really cramped and claustrophobic in that corner!

272977171_1583993481955707_3207450981700259129_n.jpg

April Pax stats have been released by the airport authority, usually I don't post monthly Pax stats but April has been the first month since pre pandemic where we seen 1,000,000+ passengers travel through YYC, if things continue this way we should be looking at 12,000,000 plus this year.

BR_PaxTotal_Page_1.png

Wow. I didn't realize air travel was still so slow.

I wonder if this has to do with the lingering covid restrictions. For those who've flown recently are the covid passports a pain in the ass or reasonably seamless? Cause I'm not gonna lie, the fact that I have to jump through even more hoops at the airport is enough to discourage me from flying.

Wow. I didn't realize air travel was still so slow.

I wonder if this has to do with the lingering covid restrictions. For those who've flown recently are the covid passports a pain in the ass or reasonably seamless? Cause I'm not gonna lie, the fact that I have to jump through even more hoops at the airport is enough to discourage me from flying.
Upload proof of vaccination when checking in on app and wear a mask in airport and on plane when not eating or drinking. Hardly arduous. I would like to see mask mandate gone but I get the delay.

I flew to the states and back the other weekend, you still need an antigen test no more than 1 day before you fly to get into the US which is a bit of a pain but no one ever asked to see my results and you need to fill in the ArriveCan app before you can board to get back into Canada. Aside from that and wearing a mask in the airport it was no different than pre-covid travel.

At least for domestic travel on Flare and Lynx Airlines they don't scan your passport but instead just look at the screenshot of the QR code. I guess you could easily fake one for those who refuse to get vaccinated. But yeah, it definitely slows the lines as people try to switch from their boarding pass to their vaccine passport on their phones. It's a pain in the ass.

For those who've flown recently are the covid passports a pain in the ass or reasonably seamless?
Seamless on WestJet and Air Canada. As yourboy said, ultralow cost right now means ultra long waits. In Las Vegas there were more than a plane worth of people waiting to get their stuff manually checked, while on a mainline just drop a bag and went through.

Back