Votes: 16 55.2%
  • So So

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Drilling is now underway at both Ink and The Hat. Combined with Verve and Alt Hotel that's 4 new highrises for that part of East Village alone. Add in the Bosa/RioCan site with two cranes now and N3 - that's a solid list of recent starts for East Village. The neighbourhood should continue to feel more cohesive every yr from here on.

A total of 636 new units still coming down the pipe with The Hat, Verve and INK!

That should work out to be around a thousand new residents, given how focused on 2 bedroom units Verve is, and how focused on 2 and 3 bedroom units The Hat is. This is excellent news. The EV is already at around 3300 residents as of 2016, up from 2700 in 2014. I'm looking forward to the EV having a population of at least 5000, I think that will be the critical mass point where they'll be able to support any kind of retail that moves in.

That should work out to be around a thousand new residents, given how focused on 2 bedroom units Verve is, and how focused on 2 and 3 bedroom units The Hat is. This is excellent news. The EV is already at around 3300 residents as of 2016, up from 2700 in 2014. I'm looking forward to the EV having a population of at least 5000, I think that will be the critical mass point where they'll be able to support any kind of retail that moves in.
5000 would be great. Anyone remember how EV was 5 years ago? Urban wasteland was probably the best description for it IMO. Having a grocery store there will be huge.

image.jpeg
Construction is on!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 318
Excellent! The Hat and INK starting at the exact same time! This will be fun to watch :D

Hi Group,

Just as a Side Note, I Have Known the People behind Battistella Since the Middle 80s. If I am Correct Still Its Two Brothers and a Women (Their Mom?) Who Run the Company. If Others I Don't Know Who They Are - Sorry. When I Knew Them, They Were in the 319 to 325 Block of 10th Ave. S.W. It was Fun as I Could Dvlpmnts With Them., Learned a Lot, Those Were the Good Old Days.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Group,

Just as a Side Note, I Have Known the People behind Battistella Since the Middle 80s. If I am Correct Still Its Two Brothers and a Women (Their Mom?) Who Run the Company. If Others I Don't Know Who They Are - Sorry. When I Knew Them, They Were in the 319 to 325 Block of 10th Ave. S.W. It was Fun as I Could Dvlpmnts With Them., Learned a Lot, Those Were the Good Old Days.

Tnx,
Operater.

That is correct Operater. The two brothers, Paul and Simon run the company.

Hi Group,

Tnx,
Operater.
They've come a long ways over the years, and have made important contributions to Calgary.

Back