Hat @ 14th Street | 94.48m | 28s | Cidex Group | NORR

Hadn't seen the plans yet, definitely going to be excess spandrel. Don't put f'ng kitchens on an outside wall with curtain / window wall! NORR is such an amateur operation...
The thing I don't understand is that spandrel actually costs more than vision glass - so it's not an economic decision.

Having kitchens placed on the outside wall forces a U-style which is the least desirable style.

Everything they do is intentional, just not sure what the rationale is - potentially improved thermal design / NECB-driven?

no idea whats up with this but it was jackhammering away across the street from the hat site.

D269B35D-A7F9-4637-9227-DB7F4C135696.jpeg
28825E9D-29D9-40F3-8B76-09E82A846C70.jpeg

no idea whats up with this but it was jackhammering away across the street from the hat site.

View attachment 344463View attachment 344464
For anyone needing a refresh of what was planned there, it's this project.

Interesting. I notice the DP is gone from the city's website even though it was submitted 2 years ago. In the past the city sometimes takes the DP off of the website once it's under construction.... I wonder if it's starting construction?

Last edited:
Too bad they couldn't make the design even a bit better. For the most part anything will be better than that empty parking lot, but that design looks like it belongs in Skyview.

Just looking at the Streetview image prior to the lighting store being demolished on the site. The store was covered in graffiti, but it appears that Cidex paid for it? Is that a common thing?

Or is there just a crossover between graffiti artists and Cidex fans?

Back