Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

I'm actually pretty sure this was the preferred solution sought by Green Line, I can't find anything right this second but I remember hearing repeated mentions of trying to integrate station entrances. Would definitely come down to property owners and technical feasibility
It is something that sounds like a good idea until you actually try to do it and realize unless the building was designed that way from the start it is very hard. Bankers Hall has the under ground conference centre for this future purpose.

The city has updated their website to show the maintenance facility design and low floor car specs

1718223469302.png

1718223499669.png

If you did that too many people would be highly irrational and try to take the green line downtown instead of walking to the red line even when going south. That would then drive costs in a myriad of ways.
How? Event Center traffic will be mostly off-peak so more people into dt wouldn't be a problem. I could see not wanting a direct entrance into the Event Center to avoid security issues

Last edited:
How? Event Center traffic will be mostly off-peak so more people into dt wouldn't be a problem. I could see not wanting a direct entrance into the Event Center to avoid security issues as the facility will be closed to the public much of the time. In other locations, building owners probably don't want to take on the security issues associated with direct connection to the meth-head distribution system (aka CTrain).

How? Event Center traffic will be mostly off-peak so more people into dt wouldn't be a problem. I could see not wanting a direct entrance into the Event Center to avoid security issues
People are not entirely rational looking at time tables and google maps and the like. even then, it depends on how much the algorithm seeks to avoid walking.

Keep getting this ad on Instagram. Some LED screens in the underground stations could be pretty cool. Skimp on the fancy above ground entries, splurge on LED screens.
View attachment 574016
LED screens everywhere please
I've said this before but the giant screens at 1 St SW are really cool

Back