News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.9K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.9K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

I don't see why we should be trying to get into the playoffs with this group anyway because we're in no way fit to go anywhere past the first round and the team is obviously on a downward trend. It's been obvious to the fanbase that the team should be rebuilding since midway through last season but ownership like usual is living in a fantasy.
Year after year after year of mediocre product, and not only are the suckers fans lining up to fill the seats, they're paying billions to build you a new facility; I wish it was only a fantasy!

Flames actually have one of the worst attendance in the league this year apparently.

I'd say at best, the Flames are a second round team. If they had a game breaking player or two they could possibly go further, but it seems like Kadri and Huberdeau have no urgency to their game and Lindholm, Dube and Mangiapane aren't going to carry a team on their backs. Our D is still quite solid and Markstrom has been really good so far, but that's not enough if nobody is scoring goals. Like I said before, if they aren't in a playoff spot by the deadline, Flames are having a fire sale and loading up on picks.

Last edited:
Flames actually have one of the worst attendance in the league this year apparently.
It's 23rd in the league, averaging 17K, which is not great, but given the on-ice product last season and this season, it's kind of miraculous. On the scary side, Winnipeg is averaging under 12K! A city that wanted a team so badly. It just goes to show that with the high cost of going to games, combined with a small market, even a city crazy about their team still has trouble supporting it.

The video was spot on, but there was improvement against Seattle, and through 2.5 periods tonight against Nashville, the Flames have looked pretty good.

Tbh, I don’t know if the Flames will ever manage to get JH going (he’s sitting in the third period).

I think the Flames should change their offensive playing style to be more aggressive, because they need to create better chances (and if more productivity from JH is a byproduct, then great). Firing everything on net through bodies and bad angles didn’t work. The Flames don’t have anyone who can really shoot the puck. Nor do they have anyone who can break open a game.

Markstrom and Vladar will need to sort themselves out a bit (they haven’t been good to start the season) so the Flames can take more risks.

The Kadri, Zary and Sharangovich line looked good tonight. Zary continues to impress me.

Also, as bad as the Flames have been, it could be worse (see SJ).

I will also add Pospisil looked good last night, really quick which is something we don't have a lot of at the moment. Echoing what others have said which just don't have the skill at the moment to break things open, they're playing a very east/west style which doesn't generate a lot of high quality chances. Our PP also looks awful
My colleague just joked that Huberdeau will end up in Pittsburgh in 2 years with the Flames paying half his salary and him getting 75 points playing with Crosby lol.

What do you know about it?

Have you ever had a career year, then been traded to a new team, city, and country? If so, I'll be glad to read your insights about how you integrated with your new environment and succeeded immediately.
Between him getting butthurt about Sutter's joke last season and this little hissy fit I think its plainly evident that the guys doesn't have the mental toughness required to be a winner and a leader on a team. He's had more than enough time to adjust to a new environment and when you're making $10.5 million that's no excuse. Calgary has probably the least critical fans and media in Canada...it's not like he's under the microscope like he would be in Toronto or Montreal.

Back