News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

Murray stopped spending any money on updating the Dome long ago to drive home the need for a new rink. Our running joke at games is the terrible light show we have, last year in playoffs they added those white lights along the boards we figured he got them at Canadian Tire and probably returned them when we got knocked out

Hopefully Lindholm will stay because if he's gone that leaves Kadri as our top centre. Kadri was atrocious at faceoffs this season and doesn't have the defensive upside to be a #1 centre in this league.
Ideally you go into next season with Huberdeau, Lindholm, and Toffoli as your top line and Pelletier, Kadri, and Coronato as your second line.

Looks like Backlund seems done with Calgary, so does Lindholm. Hopefully they both get traded for nice packages instead of letting them walk.

Coronato and Pelltier now is your time to shine!
That would suck if Backlund and Lindholm left. At that point, it’s time to push the instant rebuild button.

The biggest question I have is whether BT will be back in the GM office next year, his contract ends after the next game. I think he's done a great job, the lack of success this year is on the coach and the players, he iced the best team he could given the circumstances he was in.

I can see Flames ownership making Sutter GM again, if that's the case I'm watching Lacrosse the next few years.
Big decisions ahead for the Flames. It’s amazing what a difference a year makes, last year I felt like the Flames were a couple of players away from being a true contender, now I’m wondering if it’s time to push the rebuild button.

Edmonton has the perfect momentum to start the playoffs.
Sadly, that’s the case. They’re definitely the team to beat in the West. They’re a better team than the one that beat us last year. I can see them going yo the cup this year.
They are white hot right at the right time. If goaltending stay strong for them, they will be hard to beat. Especially when you have a guy like McDavid, who can take over a game all by himself.

Big decisions ahead for the Flames. It’s amazing what a difference a year makes, last year I felt like the Flames were a couple of players away from being a true contender, now I’m wondering if it’s time to push the rebuild button.
One bad season, isn’t reason enough for a rebuild. If they have another year like this past one, then, go ahead and start rebuilding.

One bad season, isn’t reason enough for a rebuild. If they have another year like this past one, then, go ahead and start rebuilding.
I should have clarified that the rebuild comment was based in Lindholm and Backlund leaving.
If both of those players stay, then I agree they should keep the core going for another season.
A rebuild can’t be avoided though, it’s coming soon it’s just a matter of how soon.

Just remember that players are as unhappy about missing playoffs as the fans are, and those interviews still had some raw emotions. Lets see what happens with the coach and the few fee agents we have before we panic and blow it up.

I think this is Edmonton's year, so there are going to be a lot of sour hockey fans here for the foreseeable future. Blowing it up will only add to the feeling of helplessness here while the team up north challenges for more cups.

Just remember that players are as unhappy about missing playoffs as the fans are, and those interviews still had some raw emotions. Lets see what happens with the coach and the few fee agents we have before we panic and blow it up.

I think this is Edmonton's year, so there are going to be a lot of sour hockey fans here for the foreseeable future. Blowing it up will only add to the feeling of helplessness here while the team up north challenges for more cups.
For sure. I also think Edmonton is gonna win it all this year, or at least get to the finals. But as much as it sucks, blowing it up is necessary sometimes to get the top talents to win in the long run. We can't just be stuck in the middle, that's the worst place to be in sports.

Back