News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Flames Official Thread

It’s a bad year for hockey. Once the Flames are eliminated in the next few days my focus will be routing for Edmonton to lose, but that’s not looking good either. Edmonton’s been the best team in the conference, maybe even the league the last 2 months.

It’s a bad year for hockey. Once the Flames are eliminated in the next few days my focus will be routing for Edmonton to lose, but that’s not looking good either. Edmonton’s been the best team in the conference, maybe even the league the last 2 months.
Edmonton has the perfect momentum to start the playoffs.

After the next two games there will be 20 games, so still enough time for them to catch up. If they went 13-7 over that last stretch they would likely be in a playoff spot.

That said, they need to go 13-7. I'm not confident it would happen. Seattle seems to be sliding though, so who knows.
My next paycheque says they won’t go 13 and 7 over the next 20 games. They started the season at 5–0 and now they are 27-21. For the whole season they are basically one game over 500.
Seattle is sliding, but all season they have gone in streaks and right now they are in a losing streak, winning 3 of their last 10, they’ve done this before in the season and they turn it around.
I hate to be a downer, but IMO it’s time to stick a fork in the Flames they’re done.
Well, let's see. They lost those two games against Toronto and Boston, but in the 18 games after those two losses they've gone 10-5-3....They could end up close to the 13-7 type record we were looking for, by going say..11-5-4, that would still give them the 26 points. You might be parting with your next paycheque :)

I think Calgary's capable of winning the last two games, but I feel like Winnipeg will pull through. It's not necessarily going to be easy for them either with Minnesota and Colorado, but I have a gut feeling they'll squeak through. It's funny how minor things can make such a difference. A win against Chicago and things would have been looking good for the Flames.

What a disappointing and frustrating season. 3rd team in NHL history to lose 30 one goal games in a season and unless Huberdeau gets 4 points in the last game he's going to hold the record for largest season over season point drop-off. He's currently at -60 with the old record being -57 by Bill Barber in 1977 (minimum 70 games played)

The biggest question I have is whether BT will be back in the GM office next year, his contract ends after the next game. I think he's done a great job, the lack of success this year is on the coach and the players, he iced the best team he could given the circumstances he was in.

I can see Flames ownership making Sutter GM again, if that's the case I'm watching Lacrosse the next few years.

The biggest question I have is whether BT will be back in the GM office next year, his contract ends after the next game. I think he's done a great job, the lack of success this year is on the coach and the players, he iced the best team he could given the circumstances he was in.

I can see Flames ownership making Sutter GM again, if that's the case I'm watching Lacrosse the next few years.
A disappointing season from top to bottom. There's was nothing really interesting or good about it, other than this minor race at the end.I'm looking forward to rooting for Seattle.

As for next year, it's going to be interesting. If the Flames put Sutter in as GM, it's over. I agree about Treliving, he has put together a strong team on paper, and a team that had some success last year. A team that should have had more playoff success if not for some bad breaks and bad goaltending...and questionable coaching. Flames ownership has arrived at a fork in the road.

Back