Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Okay

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Not Great

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Terrible

Votes: 7 13.0%

• Total voters
I don't really hate it, but I think I understand the hate. I don't think the black was a good choice - as others here have said - and yet I feel like there isn't enough of it 🧐. That reddit post pic shows how heavy all the corrugated siding is... If the painted sections were more pronounced, higher in frequency, and perhaps a different colour (or many colours!) it would have a totally different vibe. I hope the entrance to the courtyard will be super inviting and somehow soften up the façade.

I am still gonna try to hold judgement until it's completely finished and people move it, when it might at least have a different feel. During the day it might be an eye sore, but at night I think it'll still look cool. Until everything around it fills in and is built up, this is going to stick out.

Courtyard 33 is taking a beating on Reddit
I actually think this looks pretty good! I get how it won't be to everybody's taste, but the fundamentals of it being a good building are there. The forms and angles are interesting, the ground level has a great amount of transparency and openness that will help activate the street, and the public stair will be a pretty cool defining element that creates some variety along the block. Seems people are really hung up on the material--maybe mental associations with shipping containers just don't jive with people, but its an aesthetic in of itself that I think shows design intent/restraint.

Last edited:
The Reddit thread is quite illuminating. The photo of the beam in the middle of the bedroom is interesting.
Oh wow...

7GaO8cO.jpeg

Oh wow...

7GaO8cO.jpeg
This could be forgiven in the corner of the living area of a ~1,000 sq ft condo with a wall of windows, but this is bad! Also, I thought everything above the first floor was wood construction, but maybe I’m remembering it wrong.

you gotta be one serious glass half full person to choose to live in that unit when theres thousands of empty condos out there.

like its not even good as a storage room.

Last edited:

Back