Brentwood Commons | 85m | 24s | Casola Koppe

As with Glenmore Landing, it's like all of a sudden everyone involved in these large-scale redevelopment transit-oriented developments realized that pedestrians want to walk in a straight, efficient path directly between the station and the destinations. That alone is a revolutionary step forward in Calgary's design culture!

Still a bunch of weird angular stuff in the renderings, but if they keep this pedestrian-only spine it's a giant win.

I’ll be honest, I don’t love the tower designs specifically but I’m happy about the project overall. I couldn’t care less if the tower was designed like a purple lizard, the direct path laneway from the LRT station through the development to the park on the other side, as well as the connection of the laneway to University City trumps the tower design.

Design and function such as the above ground parking decks right in the middle of the development create the feel of the neighbourhood than a master plan that happens to intersect with adjacent properties which, BTW, should be the minimum standard for any multi-phased development. The plan's connectivity with its surrounding trumping unattractive tower design or desparation for any transit oriented development to advance out of the design phase is a slippery slope. Vancouver does better than Toronto. Evenso, transit oriented development across Canada has devolved into huge residential tower complexes nearby transit than mixed use, human scaled, urban communities. It's become less admirable.

KLEO02.jpg
MIS09.jpg
SOT-PIC.png
SOT-PIC11.png
SOT-PIC111.png

The top two images are the new design that has been discussed the past few pages. Those final 3 images are the old design when Quary Bay Investments was involved, that is now dead.

The top two images are the new design that has been discussed the past few pages. Those final 3 images are the old design when Quary Bay Investments was involved, that is now dead.
With that being the case, could someone update the project title to be reflective of the true developer & # of stories lol

Back