Brentwood Commons | 85m | 24s | Casola Koppe

- I kind of like it but so much reminds me of WVT.
- I'm assuming that big heavy solid clad windowless podium is an above ground parkade?
- We all know those glass peaks will be all spandrel like WVT. We're not fooled.
- The fact there's actually very little glass on the tower is being masked by this pasted on irregular form that I suppose is at least giving it some distinction.
- The other end at grade seems more promising. The other rendering should have been from the other side.

Those are some really ugly tower designs. First thought was Pointe of View circa 2005 is back

Why are there random angular planes all over this development? Layout looks fine, but hard to judge more until we see a better view of the ground floor.

I usually would think that random roof and angular features would mean a building is less likely to be realized because it's kind of silly looking and unserious, but in Calgary the weirder the roof and more angular things are, the more legitimate the development is for some reason. That bodes well here! :)

Last edited:
This is the same architect that designed the Misson Project
BACKROUND.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
3.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg

Thanks for posting, the site plan looks dramatically better than the first iteration. The continuation of the high street is a real positive over the last one's decision to just put the back of the grocery store at the terminus. Do you know if there will be a CRU lining the parkade (#3 on the plans above)?

Also, do you have a link to the architect's project website?

Last edited:

Back