BMO Centre Expansion | 25m | 5s | CMLC

The unfortunate thing is that if the Big 4 gets demoed it's likely that Weadickville goes along with it in order to build a new hotel. That would remove one of the last bits of actual green space left in Stampede Park

If the Big 4 gets in the way, we'll try another method :)

eFdNCPd.jpg

cI77F7W.jpg

tBAQRLQ.jpg

5plrQmN.jpg

cp85lVU.jpg

E4eWmBg.jpg

5suuXG0.jpg

SWWgjAl.jpg

If the Big 4 gets in the way, we'll try another method :)

tBAQRLQ.jpg

It's a bit bizarre to me that there doesn’t appear to be any tree boxes installed as the street curves east. The Stampede grounds is already a barren concrete wasteland, I would have thought for sure they would want to line the entire 17th Ave extension with trees and not just a short portion of it.

It's a bit bizarre to me that there doesn’t appear to be any tree boxes installed as the street curves east. The Stampede grounds is already a barren concrete wasteland, I would have thought for sure they would want to line the entire 17th Ave extension with trees and not just a short portion of it.

Here is the plan, albeit outdated from before the design was finalized:

17%2BAve%2BExtension.jpg

This is a rendering that came with the BMO Design Unveil, which may be more accurate

EnPNXo1VgAEwTWP.jpg

Last edited:

The striping around the bend seems appropriate for 17th ave.

1018276913-LAT-20200927-JEP_GJN_7538.jpg

Here is the plan, albeit outdated from before the design was finalized:

This is a rendering that came with the BMO Design Unveil, which may be more accurate

EnPNXo1VgAEwTWP.jpg

There definitely appears to be far fewer tree boxes on the south side of the street in the recent photos than there is in this rendering which is definitely disappointing. The asphalt along the south side doesn't seem to be in the rendering either. I wonder if they decided to put a multi-use pathway for bikes along there instead of the trees as it kind of looks that way.

Back