BMO Centre Expansion | 25m | 5s | CMLC

Apologies if this has been asked, but are there detailed designs of the Stampede Trail upgrades? I only found a couple of general renderings on the CMLC and C+E District pages. Did the plans not have a detailed design document similar to main street redesigns in the rest f the city?

The plans have a development permit, but now that it is approved, the drawings are not available for download:

There was some discussion about a year ago on page 408 of the Urban Development Thread that showed the design and the DP drawings then:

The plans have a development permit, but now that it is approved, the drawings are not available for download:

There was some discussion about a year ago on page 408 of the Urban Development Thread that showed the design and the DP drawings then:
Not to resurrect an old topic but god those renderings are awful… Their proposal is basically make it two/three lanes from four lanes and widen the sidewalks a bit. Not to mention the street parking, in an area surrounded by parking lots. I wonder if the people making the design is even familiar with the city? There’s three mopeds in the rendering??

Not to resurrect an old topic but god those renderings are awful… Their proposal is basically make it two/three lanes from four lanes and widen the sidewalks a bit. Not to mention the street parking, in an area surrounded by parking lots. I wonder if the people making the design is even familiar with the city? There’s three mopeds in the rendering??
This is my personal opinion that is clouded by my growing distain for the Stampede as an organization:
I assume the Stampede strong arms or is given far too much of a say on things that happen on or near the Stampede grounds. They think their you know what doesn't stink and the city and CMLC are happy to tell them that they think it smells great too.

MicrosoftTeams-image (7).jpg

On another note, here's the latest on the Stampede Station construction.

Wondering the same thing. Speaking of the dome, man it’s looking really shabby on the exterior, they have completely given up on even basic maintenance.

Yep, still a letdown.

I know it's been beaten to death, and I'm no fancy big-city architect, but I just don't understand why someone would pick such dark-on-dark materials on an already imposing monolith of a building. It's downright anti-human.

Back