Beacon | ?m | 2s | RNDSQR | 5468796 Architecture

ad.jpg

IMO, the gray looks absolutely hideous, as it blends in with the concrete columns and sidewalk. The renderings gave the impression that a white finishing would be used. Something similar to what you would see used on a standalone Apple store. I'm putting this as a 2nd strike for RNDSQR. So far there General Block project and Infills have been the only solid developments in their young history. They still have a lot of potential so I'm not quitting on them yet. They definitely have a good sense of pedestrian-oriented urban design.

Last edited:
IMO, the gray looks absolutely hideous, as it blends in with the concrete columns and sidewalk. The renderings gave the impression that a white finishing would be used. Something similar to what you would see used on a standalone Apple store. I'm putting this as a 2nd strike for RNDSQR. So far there General Block project and Infills have been the only solid developments in their young history. They still have a lot of potentials so I'm not quitting on them yet. They definitely have a good sense of pedestrian-oriented urban design.
I like this building, but I don't know why they didn't add wood bench seating on top of the concrete areas in front of the CRUs. I think some warmth in material and more plantings would have helped quite a bit. I think what is most heinous is how signage is being "stuck" on....it's tacky and reminds me of suburban power centre signage and really takes away from the brutalist vision. Signage hanging from the soffit would have been a lot more tasteful.

Last edited:
IMO, the gray looks absolutely hideous, as it blends in with the concrete columns and sidewalk. The renderings gave the impression that a white finishing would be used. Something similar to what you would see used on a standalone Apple store. I'm putting this as a 2nd strike for RNDSQR. So far there General Block project and Infills have been the only solid developments in their young history. They still have a lot of potentials so I'm not quitting on them yet. They definitely have a good sense of pedestrian-oriented urban design.
I like this building, it has sort of a brutalism style going. It'll look better then the trees fill out, and offsets all the gray.

The white cladding would have looked better. However, the blue/green of the glass is the most awful, something more clear, white, or even black tinted would have been much better.

And I love brutalism.

oh my.. that signage looks terrrrrrrible and kills the design. absolutely agree with signage being suspended would be better.. even better kept uniform like brass or black only. Will get worse as more tenants move in and more free-for-all signage is installed.

Curious what the interior looks like with curved wooden ceilings.

Last edited:

Back