Beacon | ?m | 2s | RNDSQR | 5468796 Architecture

Rollerstud98

Member Bio
Reaction score
I've installed a split a/c system in the electrical room here, may be installing another in a data room. Waiting on that. Pretty neat inside.

DiscoStu

Member Bio
Reaction score
Any updates on this one? I don't really go to this part of town much these days, so curious how it's looking.

Urb

Member Bio
Reaction score
I commend Rndsqr for taking risks with design, but I can't say I'm a fan of this one. Brutalist and bunker like. It feels very unwelcoming.

CBBarnett

Member Bio
Reaction score
Agreed, the ground level is borderline hostile!
It's not offensive enough that Vancouver-style public realm treatment can't save it. These are the steps:
  1. Building anything
  2. Put a wide, urban sidewalk in front of the thing you built, without a bunch of garbage/poles obstructing people from walking
  3. Put a bunch of trees and/or greenery in-front of the thing you built

Mountain Man

Member Bio
Reaction score
It's not offensive enough that Vancouver-style public realm treatment can't save it. These are the steps:
  1. Building anything
  2. Put a wide, urban sidewalk in front of the thing you built, without a bunch of garbage/poles obstructing people from walking
  3. Put a bunch of trees and/or greenery in-front of the thing you built
That makes me think of what they did with the building on the site Park Point is on now. Streetview shows it in 2009. https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0424...ldX2xTasrFgjgTzd_cdg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en