Beacon | ?m | 2s | RNDSQR | 5468796 Architecture

I've installed a split a/c system in the electrical room here, may be installing another in a data room. Waiting on that. Pretty neat inside.

Any updates on this one? I don't really go to this part of town much these days, so curious how it's looking.

Totally forgot to post these from a month ago, really impressed by this project:
20200513_151826.jpg
20200513_151853.jpg
20200513_151944.jpg

Attachments

• 20200512_213513.jpg
    20200512_213513.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 194
Agreed, the ground level is borderline hostile!
It's not offensive enough that Vancouver-style public realm treatment can't save it. These are the steps:
  1. Building anything
  2. Put a wide, urban sidewalk in front of the thing you built, without a bunch of garbage/poles obstructing people from walking
  3. Put a bunch of trees and/or greenery in-front of the thing you built

It's not offensive enough that Vancouver-style public realm treatment can't save it. These are the steps:
  1. Building anything
  2. Put a wide, urban sidewalk in front of the thing you built, without a bunch of garbage/poles obstructing people from walking
  3. Put a bunch of trees and/or greenery in-front of the thing you built
That makes me think of what they did with the building on the site Park Point is on now. Streetview shows it in 2009. https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0424...ldX2xTasrFgjgTzd_cdg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

What bothers me about the ground level is how the storefronts are recessed slightly, and you have to use those concrete doorways. I'm sure it's nicer in person, but the pictures don't look super inviting at the street.

Looks like it came out really nice, will be good to get a few more angles on the ground floor / pedestrian realm areas to see them and detail as that is always the crucial test. From the most recent angle, sidewalks appear to be quite spacious and if those trees survive a few years, this one could be the best on the disappointingly tiny list of truly pedestrian-oriented retail developments outside immediate inner city.

What bothers me about the ground level is how the storefronts are recessed slightly, and you have to use those concrete doorways. I'm sure it's nicer in person, but the pictures don't look super inviting at the street.
This photo in-particular has really dark shadows in the window wells, its much more vibrant and engaging in person.

Back