Beacon | ?m | 2s | RNDSQR | 5468796 Architecture

Hey All,

Been a while since I've posted. Toured the building yesterday and it has been making real great progress !! It's going to be an epic experience inside this building with the exposed CLT and curved ceiling. Take a look !

IMG_3952.jpeg
IMG_3954-1.jpeg
IMG_3955.jpeg
IMG_3960-1.jpeg

Looks great. I love those beton brut columns and the large bulky pieces of wood, has a feeling of a piece of art rather than a typical office building.

Glass is now up for a lot of it. From this morning:
View attachment 209022
Might be the angle/time of day and the fact no lights are on in the interior, but I feel the most interesting part of the design was the very transparent glass showing the curved wood ceiling on the second floor. If the glass has too much tint or is too reflective it really minimizes the appeal IMO. Waiting to see what it looks like finished, definitely liked the renders, still hopeful it will turn out.

I suspect that when looking at it from a different angle or in darker light the wood on the inside will really pop. That's the part I'm kind of waiting to see also.

I love this project. I live a couple blocks away, and I make sure I slow down to stare at this building every time I drive by (I'm sure at the annoyance of people behind me). What an absolute treat of a commercial building to have in this area. I hope more design / construction quality of this standard becomes the norm for a) buildings of this scale, and b) buildings in this area.

Looks like it this hasn't progressed in a while, must be because of all the firings at RNDSQR as I heard a bunch of people were just let go.

Last edited:

Back