Votes: 18 47.4%
  • So So

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Curious if the Southbank start might be why AVLI has been going so slowly lately? I'm not a expert in the matter, but my guess is if AVLI had continued construction at their initial pace they would probably just be building up their underground levels while Southbank was busy excavating theirs. Given the foundations of these projects will essentially share a wall I'm guessing it makes far more sense to have both sites excavated at the same time with work on the shared wall happening at the same time versus one site being slightly behind the pace of the other.

That's a good theory, as it does make sense for both companies to do it around the same time. If South Bank was planning to be a go, why not do it the same time as Avli?
Curious if the Southbank start might be why AVLI has been going so slowly lately? I'm not a expert in the matter, but my guess is if AVLI had continued construction at their initial pace they would probably just be building up their underground levels while Southbank was busy excavating theirs. Given the foundations of these projects will essentially share a wall I'm guessing it makes far more sense to have both sites excavated at the same time with work on the shared wall happening at the same time versus one site being slightly behind the pace of the other.

Interesting. I never thought as that angle but it does make sense.

Work happening at Avli, but nothing really happening. It looks like they now have more earth than they did before. Some of it may have been moved from Southbank.
2017 Nov 22 006.JPG

Attachments

• 2017 Nov 22 006.JPG
    2017 Nov 22 006.JPG
    258.4 KB · Views: 873
Southbank and Avli are both going really slow.

Must be the cold weather we’ve had, and combined with Christmas, it’s probably slowed them down.

They are installing a second crane on this site today. Not sure if there are two projects on this same site. This on on the West side

It probably is. A project Avli's size certainly doesn't need two cranes. This is great news.

Drove past today. It's definitely the crane for Southbank. Some rebar starting to poke its head above ground level on the south side of AVLI as well now.

Crazy to think that this block will have two nice new buildings built at the same time. This stretch of 9th ave is going to look so much different than it did 5 years ago.

Back