ARC 33 | 22m | 6s | RNDSQR | S2 Architecture

I wonder why they don't show Courtyard 33 in the renderings. It is right beside it, no?

Perhaps this is? looks like it has corrugated metal on it though... đź‘€

cy33.PNG

I wonder why they don't show Courtyard 33 in the renderings. It is right beside it, no?
They applied to rezone the remainder of the block (to allow for 6 stories), but they’ll be developing in two phases. The first phase is the building in the rendering on the corner. I expect they’ll wait for the market to improve before building the mid-block second phase.

Agreed. Maybe RNDSQR’s developments don’t always turn out exactly like the rendering but they turn out better than the average development. I truly feel like they want to do good and make an improvement rather than just build something to make quick buck, and it shows with the thought out into the street treatment.
I find all developments turn out different than the renderings, but in the end I've liked the way all of RNDSQR's projects have turned out.and you're right, at the end of the day they are better than than the typical development. Who knows how this one will look when finished, but if it's anything close to the rendering I'll be thrilled.

I really like this building. The materials and colour palette feel warm and textured, especially on the brick ground floor residential units. The curved corner and the rounded archway reliefs on the retail frontage are nice. The possible brick screen on the westside of the building is very cool, something i've been looking forward to seeing on a design since that Hon Chinatown project rendering. Parapet design seems nice, transparency on the retail is good. Breaking the block into three phases will give what could have been a monolothic larger building so often seen in Calgary a much more fine-grained feel, it shows real vision from RNDSQR for placemaking on this block. Zero criticism here this is a sophisticated and solid approach to the development, i have confidence they will execute this build well. Not getting any vibes they are overpromising on the rendering either. Great design, 10/10 in my books.
1612914422294.png

Back