Votes: 19 50.0%
  • So So

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm just anxious about what the exterior materials will be for this building. In the renders it just looks like shitty black and white stucco, but I have heard a rumour that it's brick. If it is is stucco though, I fear this will be the ugliest building in the entire East Village, and will be a stain on the beautiful view of the village from the north side of the Bow River.

I hope it is brick. What and black brick would be pretty damn sweet.

I've seen the one in Toronto and the one in Halifax and they look decent enough. I expect Calgary's will probably be similar.

I'm hopeful that it has the same cladding as the Montreal one (the top picture in my last post). The black/white look is similar to the one we'll see in Calgary, and if the cladding is the same I think it will look great

I'm hopeful that it has the same cladding as the Montreal one (the top picture in my last post). The black/white look is similar to the one we'll see in Calgary, and if the cladding is the same I think it will look great
In Montreal is the cladding aluminum? If so i'd be happy with that.
I hope it is brick. What and black brick would be pretty damn sweet.
White and black brick would be cool indeed. I'm guessing the cost would be prohibitive on that.

Yeah I'm basically just hoping for anything but stucco. I imagine it won't be, judging by the history of their buildings, but you never know!

I've seen the one in Toronto and the one in Halifax and they look decent enough. I expect Calgary's will probably be similar.
Isn't the one in Halifax stucco? I've never stayed there, but it looked like it from the airplane.

Yeah I'm basically just hoping for anything but stucco. I imagine it won't be, judging by the history of their buildings, but you never know!
Let's hope that's the case. I like the white panels on the EV Hilton, not sure if it's spandrel or aluminum, but it looks good.

I'm pretty sure the white panels on the Hilton are aluminum.

^I like the white panels on the Hilton.

I hate to be a downer guys, but Halifax is definitely EIFS, and same with the Winnipeg ALT, at least that's what it looks like up close. Montreal isn't so let's hope that it's the same here.

Yeah, cladding is going to make or break this building. I love the look of their other ones, but I'm not sure of this one yet. I think it's going to be EIFS. I'd way rather see something like the concrete panels on the Toronto Alt.

^I like the white panels on the Hilton.

I hate to be a downer guys, but Halifax is definitely EIFS, and same with the Winnipeg ALT, at least that's what it looks like up close. Montreal isn't so let's hope that it's the same here.

The Winnipeg Alt looks great despite being EIFS, so I'd be ok if it turns out like that.

Last edited:
2016 Dec 3 119.JPG
2016 Dec 3 121.JPG
2016 Dec 3 122.JPG

Attachments

• 2016 Dec 3 119.JPG
    2016 Dec 3 119.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 347
  • 2016 Dec 3 121.JPG
    2016 Dec 3 121.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 473
  • 2016 Dec 3 122.JPG
    2016 Dec 3 122.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 418
Can't wait to see this one go up. The 7th new tower for the EV.

No pile driver on site and they are excavating, so pile driving must be done. That seemed fast.

Thanks for the updates @Cyric

Pile driving looked to be done when I was at a Christmas party in the top floor amenities level of First last weekend.

Back