Votes: 1 2.6%
  • So So

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I saw this building the other evening around sunset and it was fantastic looking.
The hidden gem part is a decent consolation prize. Given the choice I'd go with the extra height, as I'm sure everyone else would. 40 floor or higher, and I'd be a very happy camper.

A nice shot from the south.

C4tp0WJVcAUp0dL.jpg

Source @stahljon https://twitter.com/stahljon

Attachments

• C4tp0WJVcAUp0dL.jpg
    C4tp0WJVcAUp0dL.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 323
Hi Group,

Not being Down Town a lot I have to say this Project looks very nice. Its good they got the Bldg Fully Leased Out in the Long Term. It would have been better to have say 40 Plus or More Flrs. Guess it better then Nothing at All. I give Manual Life full marks for their Efforts. If they should Build another Project in Calgary at some Future Time I will presume it Could very well B say 40 to 50 Flrs. Empty Land? Lets See Now. Try the Empty Block of 4th St on the East, 5th St to the West, bounded by 5th Ave on the North and 6th Ave to the South, Yes Oxford has a Proposal of Sorts for a 64 Flr Bldg on the East at 4th St. Not Sure if it covers the Whole Block between 6th Ave and 5th Ave but There is room to at least Develope a Bldg on a portion of the Block on the 5th Ave side if all were to go as Planned. How High? Really as High as You wish and Throw in say a Redevelopement of say 510 5th St or say the Calgary House Site/Pub Section and there is NO real reasons not to have a 1st Class High Rise on the Site. Give Oxford, Brookfield, and Others a run for Their Money as such. Sure there is a "Depression" in Calgary, No Doubt about It but I Believe a lot in Calgary and that this City has what it takes to Bounce Back and B the Place it has to Go on and B a Place in Western Canada We can B Proud Off. In 2018 I Celebrate 40 Yrs in Calgary. Despite the Odds Against Me this City has been Good to Me. I Have a Lot of Good Feelings about Downtown on the over all. Compete head on with Vancouver, Edmonton and Winnipeg. For Manual Life - Go For It.

Tnx,
Operater,

^Props to Manulife and SOM for a great looking building.

I had no idea they were doing crown lighting on this one. I'll wait until it's finished before deciding if I like it. Personally, I'd prefer the lighting to be a bit less bright.

I'd be shocked if it didn't have a lit crown. I like the green although it looks a little TDish.

I would've preferred more of an off-white colour for the crown but maybe changing colours would also be cool. One thing I do like about the colours on these crowns is it gives Calgary a little more of a Asian look.
That is the proper way to do it, rather than those LED strips, like they have on Arriva.

I like this, seeing it green gives me hope that it will be colour-alternating which is what I prefer :)

Awesome! Another tower with some cool lighting.
thumbs up-s.png

Attachments

• thumbs up-s.png
    thumbs up-s.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 227
Surprised people are so into alternating colours. It reminds me too much of Christmas.

Maybe back in the day when crown lighting was a rare thing but, every tower built everywhere has it now. Maintenance and energy costs are extremely low with LED. You have to look at things as a whole. A dozen towers with alternating colours will look pretty Christmas-y quick. That said, I wouldn't want to have a whole modern skyline of backlit white penthouses.

Hi Group,

Was DT Today. Got a chance to see the New Manual Life Bldg on from the LRT Train. Yes it does look quite nice even if just from the train. Question as I haven't been able to see the Bldg from the Alley Way etc, Will it B Connected to the +15 Network? Closet Bldg will B the 645 7th Ave Bldg what Ever they call it now. When I was Couriering as
Biker/Driver We Knew it as the "Indian" because of the Statue in the Front. Still call it the "Indian". as a Point of Reference. Funny as it Sounds, its still a Name I go by.

Tnx,
Operater.

Back