• So So

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Not Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi Group,

That Bldg that is Known as the "Watermark Tower" Origionally Was Called TCPL Tower as that is Where they landed When they 1st Arrived in Calgary. They later Flew the Coop to what is or was Known as Petro Cda East Tower. Not Sure if Its been Rebranded to a Different Name as such of hand. In Courier Land it was Always known as the "Highway". There was to B Two Towers Blt but it just Never Happened. All the Internal Infrastructure was Blt
with Two Bldgs in mind. Height? Not sure. The Bldg with the radio stations presently - not sure if it was to come out. The Highway Bldg was Blt in the 80s - a long time ago. The parking lot stays for now till the rest of the Project gets Blt - if it ever happens. Connecting In? That will B interesting.

Tnx,
Operarer.
More than a decade ago I saw the model of the full complex in the boiler/operations room at Watermark/AlbertaGas/WesternGas/Whatever (the company collapsed before they could occupy it, at least in the amount originally intended). The second phase was to be where Holt Renfrew is. The parkades are connected underground, and the garbage access for Holts is in the Watermark loading dock, which is very large and made to support a ~1.5+ square foot complex, with a four floor retail podium. At the time the fourth retail floor was a trading floor for CIBC iirc, taking advantage of a huge floor plate, pushing 50,000 square feet, and most of the third floor was a paper archive for Computershare, a company that handles the backend of stock trading, including direct holdings. I think the third floor was probably designed for a 1980s style server farm to support either geology or pipeline services, as the complex had way more backup power than I think would be necessary to secure the tower.

I believe the second tower was to be ~48 stories with a similar floor plate to the first tower, which on the upper floors is around 28,000. So 1 - 1.2 million leaseable depending on how they were going to design the elevators.

Hi,

Next Time I get to DT I will check it Out. Honestly never really thought a Plus 15 would cross 5th St as the 2nd half of the Project Never got Blt. Interesting.

Tnx,
Operater.

Hi Again,

Hey Darwink! Your Discription of the 3rd/4th Flrs of the so called "Watermark Towers" is Correct. Not sure what are on those Flrs now off hand. I know an Associate Who Works as a Security Guard at the Bldg on the Night Shift, I will ask what is Now on the 3/4 Flrs if permitted. Its Been a While since I worked DT so Yes I expect changes have taken place, An Associate I know Who Takes Me Out Works as a Bike Courier DT so I'll
Ask him for some Up Dates on the Plus 15. He has a Cell Phone of Sorts for taking pictures. What I don't know is how get those photos onto this site.

Tnx.
Opedrater.

@nickheer Hope you don't mind me re-posting your pic of the +15 at 707-5th street.

Image1.jpg

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 276
A few more of the crown, now that the band at the top is complete. I'm not sure if it's stainless steel or aluminum, but it looks good.

00-2017 April 1 019.JPG 00-2017 April 1 020.JPG 00-2017 April 1 021.JPG 00-2017 April 1 204.jpg 00-2017 April 1 205.jpg

00-2017 April 1 020.JPG

00-2017 April 1 205.jpg

Attachments

• 00-2017 April 1 019.JPG
    00-2017 April 1 019.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 203
  • 00-2017 April 1 020.JPG
    00-2017 April 1 020.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 349
  • 00-2017 April 1 021.JPG
    00-2017 April 1 021.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 183
  • 00-2017 April 1 204.jpg
    00-2017 April 1 204.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 225
  • 00-2017 April 1 205.jpg
    00-2017 April 1 205.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 455
I know I don't need to - but I'll say it again... Wish this one was twice as tall

Me too. Hope you don't mind, Surreal, but I borrowed one of your photos to do a quick (dumb, sloppy) mockup with a few extra storeys. Just a silly thought experiment.

Attachments

• 707-dumb-mockup.jpg
    707-dumb-mockup.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 184
Ugh why did you do that mockup? It looks absolutely fantastic and stunning. Now I feel disappointed that the building is not actually that height.

Me too. Hope you don't mind, Surreal, but I borrowed one of your photos to do a quick (dumb, sloppy) mockup with a few extra storeys. Just a silly thought experiment.
OMG, this building would have looked so good at that height. Good job on the photshopping.

Hi Group,

Hey, Thanks for Posting the Plus 15 Picture. Hope We can Get a few More later from South to North.

Tnx,
Operater.

OMG, this building would have looked so good at that height. Good job on the photshopping.

I don't see much of a difference with the tower. It's just taller. The current height looks better in the greater community context.

Full sized look at NickHeer's image. I'm now picturing it with even another 10 floors!
707-dumb-mockup.jpg

Attachments

• 707-dumb-mockup.jpg
    707-dumb-mockup.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 483

Back