101 – 11th Avenue SE | 120.09m | 37s | Oxford Properties | Zeidler

IMO, Dubai is about the closest looking thing to Coruscant, but Coruscant has those large block podiums that look like the Metropolitan.

Which one is that?

It's called The Metropolitan, can google it. Just a huge short-wide building with over 400 units.

Yes. It's by the Stella, Nova, Luna trio. It isn't tall by any means. It has that ominous street presence you don't get from the Vancouverism in Victoria Park.

My apologies gents, I thought when @maestro said the 'Metropolitan from a few years ago' I was thinking there was another Metropolitan. Yes, I see the resemblance to Coruscant.
Yes. It's by the Stella, Nova, Luna trio. It isn't tall by any means. It has that ominous street presence you don't get from the Vancouverism in Victoria Park.
It's called The Metropolitan, can google it. Just a huge short-wide building with over 400 units.

Oh man, if this came back out of the woodwork, I'd be one happy boy. I actually like the original design, I hope it goes ahead.

Looks like some drilling was taking place this afternoon on the NW corner of this block (11 Ave/Centre St.). New DP was approved March 28. Its possible the drilling is related to the planned Green Line station, though.

Thanks for that. Here are a couple of higher resolution renders from the Zeidler website.

01_oxford-wexford-beltline.jpg

02_oxford-wexford-beltline.jpg

It'll be nice to see this one go ahead, if anything to get rid of another empty parking lot, and also for the extra retail in the area.

Back