News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Alberta Provincial Politics

If an election was held today, who would you vote for?

• UCP

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • NDP

Votes: 42 77.8%
  • Liberal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alberta Party

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
Smith's entire theme is nationalism/sovereignty for Alberta. It's not hard to see why. Canada has a massive problem: Nationalism is extremely low! It's practically dead. Nationalism is low because collectivism is low. So having a high level of nationalism in each province for the province is the next best thing. Smith is trying to capitalize on that. We are an extremely divided country and a very angry province. As separatism in Quebec is on the rise, her theme seems like a good decision on her part as she wants to emulate Quebec. I'm not sure if her execution is good so far or if the media is trying to knock her down quickly, but I see where her and her supporters are coming from. Nationalism for Canada and nationalism for Alberta is where Kenney and Smith differ the most. That's where Kenney lost a lot of support from conservatives.

Last edited:

Braid: Smith says her government will be rural in makeup and thinking, with fewer Calgary ministers

There you have it, let's cut out Calgary, who more or less will decide the election. A surefire plan for an NDP victory lol.
From here on, Calgary will - pointblank period - be the only battleground in elections. We’re the only swing area in the province.

This couldn’t be better news honestly.

From here on, Calgary will - pointblank period - be the only battleground in elections. We’re the only swing area in the province.

This couldn’t be better news honestly.

Lethbridge, Banff-Kananaskis, St Albert, and Sherwood Park will also be very competitive but that’s only 5 seats.

If Danielle Smith is doubling down on rural areas, I am hoping that Rachel Notley goes for some expensive political pandering in Calgary. We can be bought Rachel - Green Line, Arena, Fieldhouse, rail to Banff, rail to YYC, throw in a bobsled track and you can win government!!

Lethbridge, Banff-Kananaskis, St Albert, and Sherwood Park will also be very competitive but that’s only 5 seats.

If Danielle Smith is doubling down on rural areas, I am hoping that Rachel Notley goes for some expensive political pandering in Calgary. We can be bought Rachel - Green Line, Arena, Fieldhouse, rail to Banff, rail to YYC, throw in a bobsled track and you can win government!!
Yep :)

Yeah that’s not really “battleground” just a disparate smattering. But yes, both Lethbridge seats are up for grabs, Banff is basically a shoe-in (as is West Leth of course), and the other two are big possibilities. I’d also throw in Spruce Grove and Slave Lake to that group. If Smith fucks up as hard as it looks like she will, the two Red Deer seats could also be on the table. That makes 10 potential swing seats on top of 22 of Calgary’s 26 districts.

If Danielle Smith is doubling down on rural areas, I am hoping that Rachel Notley goes for some expensive political pandering in Calgary.
The NDP have been running radio ads in Calgary for the last year. They have been pointing to UCP infighting, then under Kenney and now it will be directed at Smith.
I can't believe Smith is focused on rural Alberta where they already have the vote. If they lose Calgary in the next election, it will be one of the biggest political blunders ever.

I wonder if Smith will even make it to the election?

I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt but this past week has been brutal. She genuinely seems like she's lost it (like many people have over COVID).

I'm not sure if anyone caught the story of her private Facebook group where she shared a lot of her personal opinions such as being pro-Russia. That's really gonna help win the Ukrainian vote in Alberta 🙄🙄🙄

She’s an absolute lunatic. Not just pro-Russia, but she believes Ukraine still possesses nuclear weapons and is populated by Nazis, and therefore deserved to be invaded by Russia. 😳 Like, the b*tch is even more coocoo than that c*nt Kenney.

I'm not sure if anyone caught the story of her private Facebook group where she shared a lot of her personal opinions such as being pro-Russia. That's really gonna help win the Ukrainian vote in Alberta 🙄🙄🙄
I did not see any of the leadership debates but if true, how did this not come out? The vast majority of public sentiment is clearly on the side of Ukraine. Right now she is coming under fire for public remarks she made in April about 'Ukraine needing to be neutral like Switzerland and not side with the west'. This suggested that Russia may have been provoked to invade because of Ukraine's leanings? What??? ... how does that make any sense??? There is nothing that Ukraine has done other than do everything possible to protect it's own sovereignty.

Sovereignty ... you know Danielle .... something you have been running around preaching about but it appears you don't think applies to Ukraine!

Other things came out, had no effect, so there wasn’t incentive to push this other stuff.

Smith’s base was impenetrable. She deployed a universal get out of pass statements card multiple times and had no consequences. And in a leadership contest would having this out have made enough people decide to buy a membership? I say no.

Smith really consumed too much Tucker Carlson. and then parroted it back to people who consume too much Tucker Carlson. Seemed like leadership to them!

Other things came out, had no effect, so there wasn’t incentive to push this other stuff.

Smith’s base was impenetrable. She deployed a universal get out of pass statements card multiple times and had no consequences. And in a leadership contest would having this out have made enough people decide to buy a membership? I say no.

Smith really consumed too much Tucker Carlson. and then parroted it back to people who consume too much Tucker Carlson. Seemed like leadership to them!
Yes. Now I see the comparison of Smith to Carlson.
Wow ... this is who we have as our premier until the next election :eek:

I'm still amazed that she's that stupid when it comes to an overall strategy. Let's alienate Calgary and Edmonton who make up 2/3 of the ridings in the province. Let's alienate all the people who voluntarily got vaccinated, or took covid seriously, and while we're at it let's alienate the Ukraine population, which is a sizable amount in Alberta.

Overall though, her going out of her way to alienate Calgary seems unbelievable stupid.

Back