News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Calgary Stampeders

Stamps lost the game against the Bombers but Jake Maier looked stellar in his first start of the season, I would say the starting QB position is his to keep if he can stay consistent. His completion percentage was 82.1% (23/28) with 294 passing yards and 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Against any other team in this league those stats are going to win you the game most nights.

The Stamps record looks average at 6-4, but 3 of those losses are against the Bombers, and one against BC who has the second best record in the league. They've actually played well against the Bombers in two of the games they lost. I'm not going to predict Calgary upsetting them in the playoffs, but if it did happen, it wouldn't be a complete shock.

The Stamps record looks average at 6-4, but 3 of those losses are against the Bombers, and one against BC who has the second best record in the league. They've actually played well against the Bombers in two of the games they lost. I'm not going to predict Calgary upsetting them in the playoffs, but if it did happen, it wouldn't be a complete shock.
Calgary's defense hasn't been at its best or the healthiest. If they're healthy come playoff time and Maier has a few more weeks I like our chances. With the injury to Rourke Calgary could end up hosting the West Semi.

Stamps looked pretty solid with Maier at QB, thought they were going to pull it off against the Bombers!
should the Stamps get past BC in the semi, I think they could give the Bombers a run for their money in the final. I'm not predicting a win, but an upset wouldn't necessarily be shocker either. The Bombers are a powerhouse, but the Stamps showed they could at least hang with them.

Sounds like there was a confrontation between Stamps and Lions players in the parking lot after last weekends game. Judge from the Stamps has been suspended 1 game for a sucker punch during the game that incited the altercation after the game. Good to see some passion in the game, but hate to see a good LB miss a game! Article

Stamps in BC for the West Semi this Sunday, hope for a good result!

Also, Bo has likely played his last game in a Stamps uniform, really curious where he ends up next year!

Stamps in BC for the West Semi this Sunday, hope for a good result!

Also, Bo has likely played his last game in a Stamps uniform, really curious where he ends up next year!
Tickets selling well too... I thought about a Vancouver day trip to go to the game. should be a great atmosphere.

A few teams in the east could be looking at bringing him in. Toronto is always in Win now mode, ticats could want a upgrade and Montreal never turns their nose up at a star QB like him. I think he would regret going to the riders, they're not a QB away, but that's always an option.

Well that sucked! Think they should try to find a way to keep Bo, he played great for the lone quarter of football he was in for. Maier looked great all year, but the last few games he just looked off.

Well that sucked! Think they should try to find a way to keep Bo, he played great for the lone quarter of football he was in for. Maier looked great all year, but the last few games he just looked off.
Frustrating game for a Stamps fan; they beat themselves, the Lions beat them... Insert something about beating a dead horse. I'm happy to be proven wrong but it feels like the Stamps take a step back next season. Bo is leaving, even if the Stamps wanted him, he'll get more money and perhaps opportunity elsewhere. Other vets are a year older and not sure the next wave of talent will be as good as the current one.

If they thought the crowds were thin this year, just wait until next year.

Edit: Apparently there are rumors that the Stamps are for sale and could be sold this offseason.

Last edited:
Good, I hope CSEC sells them. Other than ensuring the bills are always paid, they have done nothing to market the team and draw more interest. They have no vision for the team and league. For them it's all about the bottom line, and even then, they still don't know how to draw bigger crowds which would lead to more money. The Stamps need an owner like Amar Doman in BC who has done a great job turning the off field fortunes of that team around in only one year. My feeling is that once the XFL merger idea died they decided they wanted out. CSEC are nothing more than a mini MLSE who couldn't be bothered to promote and market the CFL and their team.

Back