News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Calgary Stampeders

The Stamps are already on the right track, Maier looked pretty solid as QB, Stevens was a beast on 3rd down plays, Begelton was a great player, Carey was a great player and Peredes is likely destined for the hall of fame!

The Stamps are already on the right track, Maier looked pretty solid as QB, Stevens was a beast on 3rd down plays, Begelton was a great player, Carey was a great player and Peredes is likely destined for the hall of fame!
I'm not so sure about Maier, Antonio Pipkin was good on 3rd for BC (3rd down QBs are a dime a dozen). I do like Begelton and Carey but Parades is likely done too. Maybe the D can carry the team through, but the Stamps need a capable backup as a safety net.

The way we looked against BC compared to how BC looked against Winnipeg was eye opening.

Bo had a good run. He's the only QB we've had who's ever won more than one grey cup with us. Flutie was the guy who should have had more, but it just didn't work out.
QBs can play later than other positions, I imagine Bo has some tread left. In the right system (not sure if that's Hamilton) he can be successful. Maier is good but he's not on Bo's level, which is fine. For now...

Unfortunately, I probably won't watch the Grey Cup unless there's nothing else going on in my life. Bombers should handle the Argos, Don't think it will be that competitive. I was hoping Rourke could make the Grey Cup, I would've for sure tuned in to see him. Too bad he wasn't fully healthy.

Bo just looked off all season, I think he still has shoulder or elbow problems on his throwing arm. Signing Maier was the right call, he was lights out right up till the end of the season / start of playoffs.

Sucks to see that people are starting to blame Maier for the poor start. It's hard to create offense when you have both your top running back (Ka’Deem Carey) and receiver (Malik Henry) out. We're 4th in total points for while our Defence is 7th in the league this season so far with only Hamilton and Edmonton having more points scored against. The defence needs to step up and win us some of these close games.

Maier has thrown 11 interceptions an 8 TDs, not impressed with him so far. He kind of reminds me of Burris so far this season. He is leading the league in passing yards though, so hopefully he can tighten up his game. Hopefully some of the injured players come back soon too!

Stamps need better defense, but the offense seems to be rolling. Impressed with Maier lately, guys is throwing for 2-300 yards a game and is now leading the league.

Thought the boys were going to get schooled last night, stopped watching halfway through the second quarter. Checked the score while walking the dog and saw they were making a comeback, impressive 4th quarter comeback for the win!

Stamps need better defense, but the offense seems to be rolling. Impressed with Maier lately, guys is throwing for 2-300 yards a game and is now leading the league.

Thought the boys were going to get schooled last night, stopped watching halfway through the second quarter. Checked the score while walking the dog and saw they were making a comeback, impressive 4th quarter comeback for the win!
First game I've watch for a bit. That Ford kid has given Edmonton new life. (Whispers) I actually found myself cheering for the Elks.

Something just feels off with the Stamps, their results are inconsistent. That is to be expected with a team is transition.

Apparently there is some controversy between the CFLPA and the league as to why Monday's game went ahead. I fully expected the game to be postponed due to air quality, but was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't. Curious if anything will come out of this.

Back