Harrison | 20.42m | 5s | Sarina Homes

Silence&Motion

Member Bio
Reaction score
There’s now an image of the proposed development at 33 Ave and 18 St SW in Marda Loop.

fullsizeoutput_353c.jpeg

Reminds me of Avenue 33. Looks pretty solid, and wil be good toward building more corridor at 33rd. I think ultimately it's good, materials will decide how good.

It doesn't say anything about retail on this billboard, but I believe the zoning change they are requesting is to a mixed-use designation and the building looks relatively retail friendly at the ground level. My main concern is that all the buildings alone 33 Ave are designed in a way that they could be easily converted to retail in the future.

It doesn't say anything about retail on this billboard, but I believe the zoning change they are requesting is to a mixed-use designation and the building looks relatively retail friendly at the ground level. My main concern is that all the buildings alone 33 Ave are designed in a way that they could be easily converted to retail in the future.
Sounds like the ground floor units will be targetted as live work units.

I like live work. iIt generally attracts interesting retail over the usual chains. The building has good form. It would be better with another storey or two and grade level at street level.

I like live work. iIt generally attracts interesting retail over the usual chains. The building has good form. It would be better with another storey or two and grade level at street level.

In Calgary live/work generally means you have a nondescript townhouse with a "home" office on the main floor and are allowed a small sign to denote that you're an accountant, lawyer or any other business that requires no street level presence. Hopefully that changes.

The live-work units in East Village are pretty good from a design perspective.

Back