Green Line LRT | ?m | ?s | Calgary Transit

My preference would be to have the two platforms across from each other, but it's depends on the cost savings. Maybe there's a way to make the the platforms on top of each other but have a double height area that's open to both platforms?

So would they have to close the whole tunnel if they had to do maintenance? In a regular LRT/Subway tunnel when they work on one of the tracks, the trains go around on the other track, but I assume that the trains wouldn't be able to switch tracks with a single bore tunnel?

So would they have to close the whole tunnel if they had to do maintenance? In a regular LRT/Subway tunnel when they work on one of the tracks, the trains go around on the other track, but I assume that the trains wouldn't be able to switch tracks with a single bore tunnel?
That's a good question. I was wondering the same thing myself. I imagine it would be more difficult to switch trains onto another track with the single bore.

That's a good question. I was wondering the same thing myself. I imagine it would be more difficult to switch trains onto another track with the single bore.
Nah, it works just fine. just think of where the tracks are as two single bore tunnels on top of each other, then weave them to be side by side and back. No more difficult than mining out a crossover box for a dual bore.

Nah, it works just fine. just think of where the tracks are as two single bore tunnels on top of each other, then weave them to be side by side and back. No more difficult than mining out a crossover box for a dual bore.
That makes sense. If there are no platforms involved, the two tracks can go side by side in a single bore tunnel, so having a switchover point somewhere isn't a big deal.

Hi,
Most Railway/Transit Tunnels are Blt with Twin Tunnels as a Safety Factor in Mind. Twin Bores with a Cantral Platform IMO is the
Best Option even if it costs more Its the Safety Factors that count more then anything else. Hope it counts.
Tnx,
Operater.

Embarrassing behaviour from our mayor. Instead of addressing valid criticism on a project where cost has ballooned, scope has narrowed, and leadership seems to be in turmoil - he calls Kenney 'Trumpian.' One would think the mayor of Calgary would want to have a good working relationship with what is likely an incoming provincial government.

What happened to Nenshi? I guess politics changes everyone.

Embarrassing behaviour from our mayor. Instead of addressing valid criticism on a project where cost has ballooned, scope has narrowed, and leadership seems to be in turmoil - he calls Kenney 'Trumpian.' One would think the mayor of Calgary would want to have a good working relationship with what is likely an incoming provincial government.

Agreed.

There's no doubt that Kenney is trying to stir the pot.

However, when you see a pig rolling around in the mud, you shouldn't try and wrestle with it.

Somewhat embarrassing from both sides, but then again it is politics, and nothing out of the ordinary. I think the mayor could’ve handled it better, but at the same time Kenny’s concern here is more about grandstanding than the actual project.

It's intellectual dishonesty on Kenney's part, and an overblown response on Nenshi's part. He should have just laughed it off and answered his question for the fifth and final time.

Funding has been secured from the provincial government which should ensure that the current design begins construction in the next year or two. And what a boon for a city our size! Four BRT lines and a massive expansion of our LRT system in the span of a decade. We take it for granted that we have forward thinking councilors, MLAs, planners and civilian advocates for multi-modal transportation that actually make it a reality rather than all talk.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/lrt-announcement-green-line-calgary-1.4998862

Back