News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.6K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.7K     0 

Experiences at other forums

For other cities, yes, but not the remaining members of the Calgary forum. A half dozen or so members are good, but the rest wouldn't be beneficial to SRC. Some of the biggest idiots you'll ever meet.

The tone is toxic in the Calgary Construction thread. I don't know why anyone who has construction relevant information frequents SSP, and still posts there. The usual handful of bad actors hover around, thinking that their role is to criticize those with legitimate posts, and not ever contribute anything themselves. I guess we can be comforted by the fact that if those bad actors wanted to disrupt SRC, they would have tried to do that by now.

I post in the Canada section from time to time, but the Calgary threads are useless, it's just really, really bad pictures and the usual idiots spewing their anti-urban bullshit. If they come here, then we can expect the same result for this forum as what happened to SSP.

I post in the Canada section from time to time, but the Calgary threads are useless, it's just really, really bad pictures and the usual idiots spewing their anti-urban bullshit. If they come here, then we can expect the same result for this forum as what happened to SSP.
I've been waiting for the day that some of the trolls show up. They will have their account shut down the first bad post they make, and their IP address will be blocked from the site. We have a good thing going here, I'm not going to let things go sour.

Last edited:
The tone is toxic in the Calgary Construction thread. I don't know why anyone who has construction relevant information frequents SSP, and still posts there. The usual handful of bad actors hover around, thinking that their role is to criticize those with legitimate posts, and not ever contribute anything themselves. I guess we can be comforted by the fact that if those bad actors wanted to disrupt SRC, they would have tried to do that by now.
Yeah, I think at this point, I'm kind of surprised anyone would post there. There doesn't seem to be anyone who's actually interested in construction.

It's become a two thread site (airport and roads thread). I'm not overly interested in those so for me there's no point in going there anymore. If SSP folds as predicted, it wouldn't be the worst thing, at least we'd probably get the last of the decent folks over here. I'm not sure who from the decent bunch is still left there Dizzy Edge, Design Mind, YYCguys....I'm trying to think of who else? The downside is the morons would also come over. :(

It's become a two thread site (airport and roads thread). I'm not overly interested in those so for me there's no point in going there anymore. If SSP folds as predicted, it wouldn't be the worst thing, at least we'd probably get the last of the decent folks over here. I'm not sure who from the decent bunch is still left there Dizzy Edge, Design Mind, YYCguys....I'm trying to think of who else? The downside is the morons would also come over. :(
Not many really. Milo Milo, The Chemist, MrBigStuff and Craner. Can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.

Last edited:
I do agree that the morons would come over here, but we have an effective moderator staff here, so their nonsense would at least be dealt with.

I stopped in at SSP today and I see that it's about the same ...actually worse than it was the last time I was there, I forgot how many morons there are there. If they close down I fear we'll inherit a fair number of idiots. @Surrealplaces, you'll need your A game.

Interesting to hear about the absentee owner of SSP. Explains why I constantly get warnings popping up saying it is an unsecure site. Also explains the general appearance that mods there just donmt give a shit anymore. As bad as it has gotten I’ll be sad to see it go. What will happen to that database of skyscraper diagrams?
They run a sloppy site from what I've seen. I lurked there for a couple of years or so, and 3 times over the past coupe of years I've tried to register an account there, but never heard back from them. I was visiting the site the other day and tried to register one more time so I could argue some false info that someone was posting, but nothing. As luck would have it somebody posted a link to Skyrise in one of the posts and I came here to check it out. I'm glad I did, apparently this is where all the intelligent people went.

True, although I’m not sad about it. All that wealth information is here, even moreso than used to be st SSP - minus the idiots.
For construction and development I'm finding the wealth of knowledge is better here than it was at SSP. All of the people from SSP with any kind of knowledge and info are here, plus new members who weren't at SSP. The only knowledgeable member who's missing is Wooster. He seems to have disappeared completely.
For roads discussion SSP is still good, if you're into that. And of course the best bonus of all, is that the idiots all stayed at SSP.

For construction and development I'm finding the wealth of knowledge is better here than it was at SSP. All of the people from SSP with any kind of knowledge and info are here, plus new members who weren't at SSP. The only knowledgeable member who's missing is Wooster. He seems to have disappeared completely.
For roads discussion SSP is still good, if you're into that. And of course the best bonus of all, is that the idiots all stayed at SSP.
@Bertie Wooster is still around ;) He's a busy guy these days. For those who don't know, he's running a pod cast at livewire.com
https://livewirecalgary.com/category/common-ground-yyc/

Back