News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.7K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

Experiences at other forums

I really don't know why people keep posting to the Calgary Construction thread. The discussion is anything but construction or development and when someone tries to get it back on track, it takes one post on an unrelated subject, to take it off track. The same people keep feeding it :confused:

I really don't know why people keep posting to the Calgary Construction thread. The discussion is anything but construction or development and when someone tries to get it back on track, it takes one post on an unrelated subject, to take it off track. The same people keep feeding it :confused:

Yeah, I've given up on it completely. Mainly because all the people who used to post good info and good discussion seem to be here. It feel like I'm back at SSP, when it was good.

It's kind of a mish-mash of unrelated subjects most of the time. I always wondered when it was going to pick up, but it only seems to have gotten worse. That said, I'm happy here, this site has good content, and good discussion thanks to folks like yourself, @MichaelS @Surrealplaces @UrbanWarrior @darwink @Beltline_B @Silence&Motion and newcomers like @Nimbus @MJC , and still others I can't think of off hand. Overall it's been very enjoyable discussing construction and development.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I stopped by SSP, since I haven't been there for a while, and it's even worse than it was before! I stopped by the Canada section, and it's the same hot garbage as before, with the half dozen same idiots still bringing up Okotoks even though nobody from Calgary is there anymore! lol.
The airport thread is the only decent thread. I knew the construction thread was going to crash and burn at some point, but not so soon. My concern is now is the possibility that all of the users move over here. Outside of maybe 4 or 5 members still there, the rest are better off there and not here.

Hate to add to your concern, but SSP Calgary’s death spiral aside, the site itself is on its last legs. The version of VBulletin that runs the site is old and vulnerable security wise. A lot of providers won’t even let you run the site like that on their network anymore. The owner is going to have to upgrade by starting a whole new site or let this one runs its course and then pull the plug. I give it a year, two years tops.

After that of course all those users are going to be looking for a forum. So yeah, your concern is legit.

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I stopped by SSP, since I haven't been there for a while, and it's even worse than it was before! The airport thread is the only decent thread. I knew the construction thread was going to crash and burn at some point, but not so soon. My concern is now is the possibility that all of the users move over here. Outside of maybe 4 or 5 members still there, the rest are better off there and not here.

Back