News   Apr 03, 2020
 4.8K     1 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 6.6K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3.8K     0 

General Construction Updates

....but seriously, thank God for a construction thread again...not the monkey poo flinging thing over at SSP...

...anyone want to know something about Seton? come straight here for the goods...

So did Brookfield have a fire sale on some of their multi-family parcels down there? 3 new multi-family projects since August 18th applied for:
https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/DP2017-3798
https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/DP2017-4225
https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/DP2017-4260

Also, can you shed some light on what this "Private club" is?
https://developmentmap.calgary.ca/#property/DP2017-3554

...no fire sale Michael, all resi lots are being sold at top dollar...the demand for resi in Seton has absolutely taken off, as we expected, but with a fervor that did catch us off-guard somewhat....basically all our pre-determined MF sites are sold and some of the designated Commercial Office land is being rezoned to accommodate more MF...the South Seton residential lands (South/SE of Seton proper) are currently being earth-worked such that product can begin next spring...sales centres will begin popping up shortly for these properties from the various builders who have secured land from BRP...as a result of these developments we are beginning to position forces to address the future medium-density Market Street projects that lie at the heart of Seton...the next five years will be very interesting in this area...

...on the 'private club' you've noted, talk about a strange choice of words the city has designated here...the DP is for a Calgary-based post-cancer treatment facility...I suppose it's a sort of club, one you don't want to be a member of though...

...no fire sale Michael, all resi lots are being sold at top dollar...the demand for resi in Seton has absolutely taken off, as we expected, but with a fervor that did catch us off-guard somewhat....basically all our pre-determined MF sites are sold and some of the designated Commercial Office land is being rezoned to accommodate more MF...the South Seton residential lands (South/SE of Seton proper) are currently being earth-worked such that product can begin next spring...sales centres will begin popping up shortly for these properties from the various builders who have secured land from BRP...as a result of these developments we are beginning to position forces to address the future medium-density Market Street projects that lie at the heart of Seton...the next five years will be very interesting in this area...

...on the 'private club' you've noted, talk about a strange choice of words the city has designated here...the DP is for a Calgary-based post-cancer treatment facility...I suppose it's a sort of club, one you don't want to be a member of though...

Haha! Good reference!

tumblr_mkefwd6maj1s9e4pyo1_500.gif

On a serious note, how do the MF buildings look design wise?

Are we talking more modern looking? Or faux old time?

...no faux old timey stuff...I can't post propriety info here but the designs will fit the contemporary architecture being established in the area...

That's the answer I was looking for! thanks!

Great to hear! I have good hopes for Seton :D

...no faux old timey stuff...I can't post propriety info here but the designs will fit the contemporary architecture being established in the area...
Awesome. It's nice to have updates on Seton also. We have good updates here, but we haven't had anything for Seton.

Nice comparison shots. I wish the aspect and season were identical, but it's close enough to give a good idea. Bankers Hall 2 isn't even capped in that first shot so that must be like 16 years ago? There's almost too much new stuff to count. Most of it residential.

There is a really interesting quality to the colour in that first picture though. All full of orange white and earth tones and lots of hard angles and concrete textures. Like it isn't a picture at all and more like a 70s-80s concept artists' depiction of the future. (Needs more trapezoids, jump suits and exotic wheel configurations though. :p)

Nice comparison shots. I wish the aspect and season were identical, but it's close enough to give a good idea. Bankers Hall 2 isn't even capped in that first shot so that must be like 16 years ago? There's almost too much new stuff to count. Most of it residential.

There is a really interesting quality to the colour in that first picture though. All full of orange white and earth tones and lots of hard angles and concrete textures. Like it isn't a picture at all and more like a 70s-80s concept artists' depiction of the future. (Needs more trapezoids, jump suits and exotic wheel configurations though. :p)

First one would be 1999

Holy crap what a difference 13 years make. I count 23 new buildings in that one angle of the Beltline. All 23 of them added since 2004.

Back